302 longtubes on a 351w

• Sponsors (?)

I would buy the swap headers.

Then I would try the 302 headers out of curiousity. :)

Most likely it will cause some clearance issues, and the midpipe will not mate up properly.

If you do try it, come back and let us know what issues you find, as this is brought up from time to time.

jason

There was a similar post a short time ago (a couple weeks), that talked about a set of swap headers that were built to fit both the 351w swap and stock 302.

I don't remember details, but you should find it with a search (?:shrug: ?)

jason

vristang said:
There was a similar post a short time ago (a couple weeks), that talked about a set of swap headers that were built to fit both the 351w swap and stock 302.

I don't remember details, but you should find it with a search (?:shrug: ?)

jason

I will try it and let you guys know. It will be a while since I havent even started the 351 build. I searched and all I found was a post about using 351 longtubes on a 302 :notnice:

I used a set of cheap summit 5.0 longtube headers on a 351 and works. I got stock mounts and the FMS pan. The headers are the ones that individual tubes come out. They do not fit good by any means. they hung real low on the 5.0 and are real close on the floor pan on the drivers side. also i had to really pry the midpipe wider to mate up.
If someone was trying to save money on a swap I would suggest using 5.0 shorties and having exhaust shop make up difference on midpipe.
I would like to hear of someone that has longtube swap headers cause for the price I cant imagine they fit that much better