302 or 351

stykthyn

I want to measure mine. It doesn't look that tall.
15 Year Member
Jul 6, 2006
gainesville
I am getting around to converting my four banger to a v8 and I am wondering which would be a better engine choice. the car is going to be a street car and a DD so I am not looking for insane 1/4 times or doing any racing with it.
which would be the best way to go for a budget vehicle? how much should I look to pay for a stock engine. I have a friend that is willing to sell me a atock 91 5.0 for 500. I have heard that 91 is a bastard year and requires only 91 specific parts. is this true?

• Sponsors (?)

if I swap out the flywheel, will an explorer motor drop in? will the accessories work in a stang or do I need to find a serpentine setup from a donor stang?

yeah, the stores grand opening was 3 days ago and most of the cars are still untouched.
I asked the price and damn near crapped my pants. I was about to punk out and pull a 2.3t and swap that instead and then I saw the explorer sitting a couple of rows over.

it was all there when I pulled it. the car was involved in a rear end collision. the guys at the yard are next to useless and couldnt tell me anything. all the cars literally came in on trucks the week before, so nobody there knew anything about them. any complete motor in the yard minus accessories was 150.00. longblocks were going for 99.00

I plan on tearing down and rebuilding it anyway. should keep me busy for a while. I'll keep you guys posted if I find anything wrong with it. I'd post pics, but my son spilled juice all over my camera and it is shot.