302 with what may a knock?????

dadslx

Nov 11, 2006
hey i had my car on the lift today while it was running and noticed what sounded like a marble in a can coming from the oil pan???. is this rod knock?? my timing is set at 14* would that cause that problem?? thanks im a bit concerned i need alittle more time the 393 stroker isnt ready yet!!!!

• Sponsors (?)

how long do i have before im really up sh** creek?..im in the process of building a 393 stroker but wont be done until after x-mas. is this a time bomb or something that will increase with driving??..thanks

some people might reprimand me for this but try running a thicker oil. i know the weather is getting colder and im unaware of the part of the country youre in but just try running a thicker oil. if its really cold where you are and you run a thick oil....let the car warm up before you go beating on it you might run the risk of breaking the oil pump shaft. that will atleast buy you a little more time.

on a second note, you could always try mixing oil. like running 3 quarts of your regular oil and than two quarts of say 20w-50 just to thicken it up a little.

If you just plan on a temp band-aid until you can do a tear down give that Lucas oil additive a shot I've had that quiet down a few ticks and knocks till I could get to them later.