306 block capabilities

• Sponsors (?)

Makdaddymac said:
I was wondering if a 302 bored into a 306 could handle some heads,cobra intake,and a 5 psi charger without blowing off the mounts,lol....

you wont "blow the mounts off", you can run more than 5psi, when the motor breaks it will split the block right down the middle.

what r u using this car for>

think to yourself what u are going to be doing with ur car.. daily driver, street/strip, strip, or weekend monster.. i personally have seen a 331 with a vortech with 600+to rw and he uses it on the street stock t5.. doesnt rip on it to bad but runs high 10;s the stock blocks can handle power not a beating.. i personally would go with a 331 with a vortech as rick will tell u since he sent me a email yesterday that the internals will only cost 100 more.. so more cubes.. also u might take another route but im doing a 331 on a stock block jus to see what it can take.. lol.. but start saving for a dart if ur going to use it for anything except a weekend or dd ~ hope this helps

It will take that, if you have forged internals and the correct supporting mods, like it looks like you have a good start on, the weak link isn't going to be the internals it will be the block itself if its a stock block.. =\