306 : stock oil pan or canton 7qt?

fiveoho

15 Year Member
Apr 28, 2005
TN
question-

doing a 306...H/C/I, etc. this will be a NA motor. and im 90% sure it will stay that way. will the stock pan cut the mustard or would it be a good idea to spring for a canton 7 qt?
i know extra oil wouldnt hurt but is a canton overkill for what im doing or would it be a good idea? i can find them... pan, pickup, dipstick for $250-270.

i can get a stock pan for....free. but i dont want to cut corners on the big stuff.

heres a link to a site for the pans...if i did need one, which one would i need??
t-pan or deep sump? they say fox body cept for the top one.

http://www.adperformance.com/index....ath=78&zenid=77cd2468ab28e8184caa867e7be3f070

thanks guys

• Sponsors (?)

I personally feel the extra baffling, oil control and capacity is worth it on any motor.

You want a Deep Sump pan, and if you ever plan to get a main stud girdle get the 15-620S pan. I use Canton's on almost all the motors I build.

Rick 91GT said:
I personally feel the extra baffling, oil control and capacity is worth it on any motor.

You want a Deep Sump pan, and if you ever plan to get a main stud girdle get the 15-620S pan. I use Canton's on almost all the motors I build.

preciate at it

I have a 7qt Canton, and like it.

The only complaint I have is that my oil does not warm up as well as it should. I am thinking of swithcing back to 5qt, and using an oil cooler if needed.

jason