306 Street Fighter

bln92cpe

Dec 15, 2003
Los Angeles, CA
Does anyone have experience with Coast High Performance and their 306 Street Fighter. They are in my hometown and I am going there today to buy the short block for $1699 with my tax returns. Is this worth the money for a 140,000mile 1992 Notch.
306 Street Fighter
Cast steel crankshaft
CHP CNC Beam Forged steel connecting rods
Probe SRS forged pistons
Dished and Blower Dished pistons availiable

• Sponsors (?)

I do !!
I have stock suspension except for sway bars and subframes with some bigger tires in the back an its fine.. u just learn how to drive it.. regardless, even if u do get a 306, 400+ rwhp is going to be hard keeping the tires to the ground.. Dude get urself a 331 !!

93cobra12 said:
get a sportsman block, get a new short block, dont get the kit, get a short block, do it right the first time..
I was gonna skip the bottom end rebuild and throw everything on my old 302, all I want to do is make the bottom end strong without adding too many cubes. If I was gonna get the 331 I would opt for the 347. My buddy has a 93 cobra with a 347 and it is scary fast even with no blower. So I think my blown 306 is sufficient, plus I am a major fan of the noise a blower makes. I pull up and people know I am not messin around plus people on the sidewalk stop and point. fast blown pony gets yourself fast 18-24 hot girls so I have learned. :lol:

u wouldnt want a 347, first of.. 347 are sick dont get me wrong, but ur friends motor will have oil consumption issues and his block wont last half the life of a 331 will.. check it out 347 great low end power top end not nearly as good as it should be.. 331 ok low end power awesome mid range to killer top end.. if you put ur blower on a 306, ur combo will kick some ass !!! thats not doubt.. if you put a 331 and ur blower, ur car will have this completely different tone to it, an nobody would know u have a 331, ur car will dominate the street, say goodbye to vets, say goodbye to turbo porsche. u dont know the feeling of wipping the 'Kiss Me''Kiss Me''Kiss Me''Kiss Me' out of 120 thousand dollar car with there girl next to them when they try to take off !!! U CANT BEAT IT !! 331 w/ a blower, best street combo u can get !! I wish u were in the area so i can take u for a spin in my cobra..

93cobra12 said:
u wouldnt want a 347, first of.. 347 are sick dont get me wrong, but ur friends motor will have oil consumption issues and his block wont last half the life of a 331 will.. check it out 347 great low end power top end not nearly as good as it should be.. 331 ok low end power awesome mid range to killer top end.. if you put ur blower on a 306, ur combo will kick some ass !!! thats not doubt.. if you put a 331 and ur blower, ur car will have this completely different tone to it, an nobody would know u have a 331, ur car will dominate the street, say goodbye to vets, say goodbye to turbo porsche. u dont know the feeling of wipping the 'Kiss Me''Kiss Me''Kiss Me''Kiss Me' out of 120 thousand dollar car with there girl next to them when they try to take off !!! U CANT BEAT IT !! 331 w/ a blower, best street combo u can get !! I wish u were in the area so i can take u for a spin in my cobra..
I hear ya. I am goin to CHP right now to get the 306. I think in a couple years I am gonna do the 408 thing. See I want people to hear what I have ideling at a stop light, I guess I should look into a cam. I am gonna do the E cam and I know a 408 will turn heads. Street racing here will get my car impounded so i gotta be careful when I drop the hammer. I think my car will be pretty sick. Will a blown 306 beat a naturally aspirated 331. i bet your cobra is sick. Thanks for all the info bro, late.

yes an no.. ur combo will do fine.. u'll love it !! good luck...

Bm, I do have all the stock stuff, i have an intake ( extrude honed ), X-pipe off road, headers, injectors, kenny brown sway bar, thorttle boides, all for sale.. If your serious pm me, if ur SERIOUS !