306 vs 347

87stang306

Nov 20, 2005
i have a 306 with vitor jr intake, 650 speed demon carb,afr185 heads,1.6 roller rockers,comp cam XE274. i was wondering on how much horsepower and torque difference a 347 with this same setup would make. i am gonna bolt this setup on and am just wondering how much the horsepower and torque numbers would change. thanks

• Sponsors (?)

ditto....50hp, 50trq.....not enough to justify the money and work in my opinion. If i were you, id start from scratch and build 393 or 408. You'd definitly be pleased. That should be plenty enough room to grow into just about anything you want to do.

It depends. Is the 347 going to have the same compression and such? Saying everything else is the same, the only difference is the cubes, I would say you'll pick up some horse, and especailly a much wider, stronger torque curve. AFR 185's and a Victor Jr. intake is kind of big on a 306 unless your running some RPM. If you need a new motor, the 347 is definatly the best bet, but if your just trying to get some more power, there are other ways.