306 with 13:1 compression, few ?'s

1993SSP

Founding Member
Sep 5, 2001
Ky
i was talking to a guy today, his friend has a 306 engine, stock bottom end with re worked stock heads, he thought it had a stroker kit as well, he knew for sure it had 13:1 compression with a edlebrock intake and a brand new edlebrock 650 carb. It is fresh and has never been started. My question is what do you think it's worth and can I run this combo on pump gas?

• Sponsors (?)

13:1 will not work with pump gas. That is a good amount of bearing load with that compression. It is not a "200 k mile" engine. :)

I would make sure it is actually a 13:1 combination.

Not quite sure on how much it's worth..But it would be very very close if you want it on pump gas and your timing will have to be low and octane high. Mine is 12:1 and I even had my heads milled a little on top of that and I run on 93 octane with no sign of detonation. Keep us posted

13:1 is really high for a motor, especially with a stock bottom end. I had a friend with a 13:1 car and ran it on pump gas, it actually competed in HRM's Pump Gas Drags. Still, the car was a ticking time bomb and was always breaking parts/having tuning issues. 13:1 is just really hard to maintain on low octane.