306 with turbo vs 347

a buddy and me had a diff of opp. the other day. i was hopeng to get someof your opps about it.
--this is kinda a long story so,sorry---

i'm shiping out to iraq soon with my nat gaurd unit. the pay over there in iraq is realy good and tax free :flag: :nice: so i sold the truck and am going to pay off all my bills :banana: and my girl is buying me a fox body to have when i get home. so any way after doing the math i foind that after paying all my cc bill i should have about 7-10 grand in the bank. a buddy was saying i sould get a 347 long block from a place like coast or d.s.s. and that more cubes can't be beat. i was thinking a freash built 306 a single turbo @ about 10psi of boost with eather a stock heads,cam and intake. or his used 94 corba heads,cam with stock intake (he is doing heads and cam on his corba this summer.)

-i whant to make lots of power and be in the 12's but also be able to drive it to work everyday. as far as cash goins most of the money will go to drivetrain but i still whant some to get a freash paint job and rims.

-so what route do you guys think is better. i like the turbo idea but think the 347 might be cheaper

• Sponsors (?)

of course a 347 non turbo would be most likely more streetable then the 306, but given the relatively low cubes in the 306 and low boost, it too should be streetable. HOwever i think of it as this, if your gonna build an engine, build an engine. Dont settle on something becuase of a lack in fund and regret later not saving up a little longer to go that extra yard. So i would save up for that 347, build it for boost, then when the money comes, slap a turbo on and bein 11's or 10's. :nice:

I agree with dirty on this one. dont skimpy on your engine. Your best bet would be to get a 347 with the money that you will have, for like 6-7gs (fully forged, custom cam, AFR heads, Vic Jr or RPM intake and accessories). Then, when you have the extra 3-4 thousand, get your supercharger or a turbo that you want with an intercooler. Then, you will be able to run like 15lbs of boost and not worry about a thing, well, you wil have to worry about traction with that 500rwhp your gonna have. :D

i mean im totally on the same page as you. i have the money right now to run out and buy an s-trim and slap it on. But seeing as im 17 and money comes slowly, i wouldn't want to blow my motor and be stuck with nothing. So im just gonna save up for like a 331 or 347 and then start from there.