315/35/20

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Sponsors (?)

Here are pics of my rims. I just grabbed my spare out of the garage this morning and took a few shots. Let me know what you think. I really want 315 on the back. But I might have to tone it down to 295. We'll see how it goes.

IMAG0032.jpg

IMAG0033.jpg

Thanks
Banger

Attachments

• IMAG0033.jpg
    IMAG0033.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 297
  • IMAG0032.jpg
    IMAG0032.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 292
To each his own, but those are gonna look ridiculous on your car. I hope you plan on a brake upgrade, because the tiny rotors are gonna look puny behind that size & style of wheels.

Lots of people have put 19"+ on SN95's, only to realize they look goofy. Your reasoning that something like a Charger comes with 20's stock is correct, but look at how much BIGGER a Charger is next to a SN95. Same thing with the 2010+ Mustang, they are just physically bigger so they can pull off bigger wheels without it looking cartoonish.

Most guys on here are about speed first, speed second, sound third, and looks a distant fourth. Those wheels are gonna kill your acceleration, braking, and handling. Its just a fact.

And I hope you have pristine roads where you live, because I'd give it 2 months before you destroy a tire/rim, or two.

Reactions: 1 users
To each his own, but those are gonna look ridiculous on your car. I hope you plan on a brake upgrade, because the tiny rotors are gonna look puny behind that size & style of wheels.

Lots of people have put 19"+ on SN95's, only to realize they look goofy. Your reasoning that something like a Charger comes with 20's stock is correct, but look at how much BIGGER a Charger is next to a SN95. Same thing with the 2010+ Mustang, they are just physically bigger so they can pull off bigger wheels without it looking cartoonish.

Most guys on here are about speed first, speed second, sound third, and looks a distant fourth. Those wheels are gonna kill your acceleration, braking, and handling. Its just a fact.

And I hope you have pristine roads where you live, because I'd give it 2 months before you destroy a tire/rim, or two.

Thanks for your input.
All my cars and trucks have 20 inch and up rims. I have had zero problems with braking or handling. I do not want the same Cobra R or F500 17 or 18 inch rim EVERY other SN on this site has on there. I dont care about being the fastest at the track because I dont go to the track or race at all. I guess Noob347 was right. Black guys like big as he put it "pimp" wheels. I think they are cool. and IMO an 18 inch wheel with 45-40 height tires is just about if not the same circumference as 20" with 35 or 30 height. I'm not getting much help with my original question. Only tear down responses. So I'll just buy the tires put them on and see how it fits, looks and rides and go from there.

Thanks
BANGER

Thanks for your input.
All my cars and trucks have 20 inch and up rims. I have had zero problems with braking or handling. I do not want the same Cobra R or F500 17 or 18 inch rim EVERY other SN on this site has on there. I dont care about being the fastest at the track because I dont go to the track or race at all. I guess Noob347 was right. Black guys like big as he put it "pimp" wheels. I think they are cool. and IMO an 18 inch wheel with 45-40 height tires is just about if not the same circumference as 20" with 35 or 30 height. I'm not getting much help with my original question. Only tear down responses. So I'll just buy the tires put them on and see how it fits, looks and rides and go from there.

Thanks
BANGER

The funny part is that I didn't even know you were black until the KKK crack you made. I thought you just had bad taste. :D

In seriousness... That size rim IMO just doesn't fit on an S95 (or a Fox for that matter). They are disproportionately large for the body and wheel well and look out of place. Having said that, I've seen some S197 cars with 20's and the appropriate lowering kit that I thought looked clean and like they belonged there.

The whole "black guys like big rims" really means nothing on here. You asked a question on a public forum, dont expect everyone to like what you like.

IMO its not just the size of those wheels that will look bad, but the style also. Those look more like blingy wheels for a truck or SUV, not a performance car. And yes the overall diameter of a 20" setup can be the same as a typical 17 or 18" setup, but the ride, handling, and durability will be compromised.

I'd LOVE to see you try to mount those wheels with 315's up front. Probably would need a 1" spacer to clear the fender liner/control arm and stick out the fender like a messican hoopty. I have 275's up front on a 9.5" wheel, with a +28mm offset & 6.375" backspacing. I BARELY clear the brake caliper (mine is a Cobra) and if it werent for rack limiters I would rub on the control arm badly. The tire sticks out past the fender about 1/4", which I dont like at all, but I can live with it.

Do what you like, just dont expect everyone to like how it looks.

The whole "black guys like big rims" really means nothing on here. You asked a question on a public forum, dont expect everyone to like what you like.

IMO its not just the size of those wheels that will look bad, but the style also. Those look more like blingy wheels for a truck or SUV, not a performance car. And yes the overall diameter of a 20" setup can be the same as a typical 17 or 18" setup, but the ride, handling, and durability will be compromised.

I'd LOVE to see you try to mount those wheels with 315's up front. Probably would need a 1" spacer to clear the fender liner/control arm and stick out the fender like a messican hoopty. I have 275's up front on a 9.5" wheel, with a +28mm offset & 6.375" backspacing. I BARELY clear the brake caliper (mine is a Cobra) and if it werent for rack limiters I would rub on the control arm badly. The tire sticks out past the fender about 1/4", which I dont like at all, but I can live with it.

Do what you like, just dont expect everyone to like how it looks.

Listen to what your saying. Your telling me everyone wont like what I like or dont expect people to like what I put on MY car. Well that goes vice cersa. I like what I like you boys like what you like. You like 17 and 18 inch wheels and think they are the greatest wheel ever. I don't. Those might not be my cup of tea. But when they look good on somebodies car I give em props. If they dont I keep my mouth closed. They have to like it not me. My question was if anyone knew if these tires 315/35/20 would fit on the car. It instantly went into what you all think I should have and how funny my car will look (In your opinions) Just keep it informative. And I will do the same. We agree to disagree here. The rims are going on the car and I'm the only person who has to like them.

I understand that 315's are not going to go on the front. The biggest tire I have heard mounted on SN95 on here is 305. So I wanted to ask if anyone has ever done it or ever seen it done before I bought a set for my car. Plus another set for the front. I think Im going to dumb down to 295/35/20 on the back. I definately dont want any rubbing or subliminal destruction I will have to pay for later.

Thanks

Listen to what your saying. Your telling me everyone wont like what I like or dont expect people to like what I put on MY car. Well that goes vice cersa. I like what I like you boys like what you like. You like 17 and 18 inch wheels and think they are the greatest wheel ever. I don't. Those might not be my cup of tea. But when they look good on somebodies car I give em props. If they dont I keep my mouth closed. They have to like it not me. My question was if anyone knew if these tires 315/35/20 would fit on the car. It instantly went into what you all think I should have and how funny my car will look (In your opinions) Just keep it informative. And I will do the same. We agree to disagree here. The rims are going on the car and I'm the only person who has to like them.

I understand that 315's are not going to go on the front. The biggest tire I have heard mounted on SN95 on here is 305. So I wanted to ask if anyone has ever done it or ever seen it done before I bought a set for my car. Plus another set for the front. I think Im going to dumb down to 295/35/20 on the back. I definately dont want any rubbing or subliminal destruction I will have to pay for later.

Thanks

I think MadMike said it best when he was describing why a Stangnet Member was asking him why he was doing this or that to his build. His response was something to the effect of, "He's just trying to ensure that I don't walk out of the bathroom with toilet paper on my shoe".

Nobody wants to see fellow Stanger walkin around with TP on his shoe. :O_o:

IMG_1708.jpg

6346670070_bdee5e3130.jpg

If I had to choose between these two... Hell yeah! I'd take option one all day every day.

Wheels tucked into the wells. Car lowered so that it doesn't look like a 4x4... Almost looks like it COULD have been factory option.

Attachments

• 6346670070_bdee5e3130.jpg
    6346670070_bdee5e3130.jpg
    137.9 KB · Views: 443
  • IMG_1708.jpg
    IMG_1708.jpg
    105.1 KB · Views: 1,100
Who was that in the pic looking at your bay with the 16" wheels? Was a member here right, I remember that pic from back in the day haha!

That pic was taken back in April 2004 at Tower's Shoppe. I think you were living in Florida at the time, I think we invited you that night If I'm not mistaken. That was Javier and yes he was on here, Buggapimp5.0. A few years ago I came home from work, started my car with the 347, I think it was 2007 I'm pretty sure. I get a text on my phone from Javi and it says "That sounds good". I reply back "What sounds good?" He texts "The Mustang, it sounds great". I'm like "Where are you"? He pops out of the house across the street. He's a consultant for some software Company and my neighbor knows him. We talked for awhile. He was into bikes, no Mustangs. That's the last I heard of him.

Status
Not open for further replies.