315/35's???

95WhiteVenom

Founding Member
Oct 27, 2002
Alabama
Well my stock Cobra rims have been through the ringer for many years and looks absolutely horrible. So I got some used 95 Cobra R's from a friend and now I gots to get some new tires the olds ones are on their way out.

The car doesn't get driven much.
So here's the question.
17X9 rims will hold a 315/35 if I remember correctly right?
Also will I have to remove the quad shocks?

• Sponsors (?)

Well my stock Cobra rims have been through the ringer for many years and looks absolutely horrible. So I got some used 95 Cobra R's from a friend and now I gots to get some new tires the olds ones are on their way out.

The car doesn't get driven much.
So here's the question.
17X9 rims will hold a 315/35 if I remember correctly right?
Also will I have to remove the quad shocks?

1 - You want minimum 10 inch wide for 315s, 10.5s are better, 11s are ideal. MAYBE if you used Nitto Drag Radials as they are a very narrow 315 but I wouldn't do this. 275s are a great size for that rim. A skilled person may be able to shoe horn this combo together but I don't think it would be safe or handle well.

2 - When I ran 315 / 35s on a 17x10.5 rim, I did not have to roll fenders or remove shocks. My mustang was at stock height though. Problems develop when you adjust the suspension and have aftermarket exhaust.

Adam

I have BFG 315's on 17x9 03 cobra wheels, but they buldge like crazy and probably feel like crap on the road.

I bought the wheels and got the tires for free so i didnt care.

You can try Nitto's but they will still buldge. I'd get 2 17x10.5's out back and keep two 17x9's up front.

There are rim repair shops that can also extend the rim for you, I know it's pretty inexpensive, and they can balance them as well. I have seen rims done before an it looks like they add an extra inch or 2 to the rim itself keeping the stock appearance, but allowing for a larger tire. I believe the place by me charges $50 a rim. Just an idea for ya if your looking to save some coin.