315's on a 96 Cobra

sambo60

Dec 3, 2006
California
Will I have any problems if I put 315's on a 10.5 inch rim? I have the stock solid axle. Will I the tires stick out if i don't change the backspacing, and would i have any other problems? Finally does anyone know where i can get 10.5 inch 95 cobra r rims?
thanks

• Sponsors (?)

thanks for the information. what brand tires are you guys running, i was thinking about the goodyear f1 gs-d3.

Nitto 555's up front and the DR's on the rear. I know you can get those replica 10.5 95 R's somewhere that come with the Cobra R center caps but Im just not sure where.

When I get new rims Im going to run the Good Year F1 GS-D3 as well. I'll keep my 10.5 Cobra R rims for a set of track tires.

Here is another link. You might have to buy the R center caps if thats a big thing for you.

http://www.americanmuscle.com/17x9-1995-cobra-r-style-wheel-chrome.html

I do not believe there are any spaces on it but Im not 100% sure. The wheel/tire package was done before I bought the car so Im not sure what if anything was done. It does not appear that anything was moded in the back to make them fit.

The wife's car with GS-D3's on it:

rendezvous013.jpg

591203_33_full.jpg

I had to flip the quad shock and rotate the passenger's tailpipe in just a bit for clearance on install. After that, the tires rubbed on the inner wheelwell a bit under hard cornering. I took off the rear wheels and massaged the wheelwells a little with my BFH. All is good now.

Different brands of tire in the same size can have slightly different overall dimensions. The Eagles seem to be one of the wider ones out there.

Are any of you familiar with Air Rides rear shockwave system? I'm gonna be putting that on my car and wondering if that is gonna prevent me for putting 315's on my car. Does it replace the shock or spring?