320 miles on a full tank

Discussion in '1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-' started by BANGERSTANGER76, Apr 6, 2012.

1. sixt9coug

sixt9coug Member

Well, think of it this way. You needed gas to get to the station, so it couldn't be totally empty.

My last fill up I got 16.33 gallons in there.
  2. 9646gt

9646gt Member

Isn't it hard on the pump to run that low? I always thought being submerged helped to cool the pump but maybe thats just another internet rumor lol. Great gas mileage you guys are getting. I will have to check mine some time. 2.73 gears suck for the fun factor but are geat on gas mileage lol. I wonder how bad 3.73's are. That's my next goal.
  3. Gearbanger 101

Gearbanger 101 we love us some gays up here Super Mod

Don't let anyone tell you otherwise....3.73's are going to take a bite out of your mileage....around town, on the highway, everywhere. I've lost almost 100km to a tank of fuel thus far switching from my stock 3.08's to 3.73's.

They'll make claims of driving them easy and the mileage is the same....blah, blah, blah. You CAN'T drive them easy. Not if you don't want to get passed by your grandmother in her Prius. The gear spacing is so short that you're though the first three gears before you know it. By the time you hit 5th, you're already searching for 6th.

I kinda wished I'd gone with 3.55's now.