3200 stall converter too much?

It should be noted that the "violent" hole shot he describes is only apparent when you flash the converter hard and really "nail it" coming out of the hole. For daily driving, it can still be very streetable with normal throttle and wouldn't take more than about half hours worth of driving before you got used to it. You might find it even a little "sluggish" with light pedal to be honest....but still oh so satisfying when you punch the loud pedal. :nice:

• Sponsors (?)

It should be noted that the "violent" hole shot he describes is only apparent when you flash the converter hard and really "nail it" coming out of the hole. For daily driving, it can still be very streetable with normal throttle and wouldn't take more than about half hours worth of driving before you got used to it. You might find it even a little "sluggish" with light pedal to be honest....but still oh so satisfying when you punch the loud pedal. :nice:
very true. My car seems "sluggish" like you describe from a stop. But if I flash that converter, I just roast the hell out of the tires, lol. :flag:

Since were talking converters here, say a converter has an 11 inch flex plate bolt pattern, 10 inch total torque converter diameter.

Will the original stock flex plate need new holes drilled or will it fit to the flex plate without a problem?

I was looking at ACC-26513 torque converter.

Since were talking converters here, say a converter has an 11 inch flex plate bolt pattern, 10 inch total torque converter diameter.

Will the original stock flex plate need new holes drilled or will it fit to the flex plate without a problem?

I was looking at ACC-26513 torque converter.

I used a 9 1/2 inch stall and had no problems at all with the flexplate etc..

Im still unsure if a torque converter that has say if the bolt pattern is 11" will that fit and work on our AODE transmissions without any drilling? Im more worried about the size of the bolt pattern right now.
The converter I am now looking at is the ACC-26513 converter http://www.accperformance.com/AODE11.htm

If you can wait a month or 2, Ill let you have my PI Stallion for a good price. :nice:
RC

Im still unsure if a torque converter that has say if the bolt pattern is 11" will that fit and work on our AODE transmissions without any drilling? Im more worried about the size of the bolt pattern right now.
The converter I am now looking at is the ACC-26513 converter http://www.accperformance.com/AODE11.htm
The Edge converter I use has "ears" on it to accommodate the original bolt pattern.
This is on a 9.5" converter.

here's a side-by-side
237245.jpg

RC what's the stall on that PI converter?

Sn stangmanIm assuming the highest hole on the wings is for our 12" bolt pattern, and the closest one to the hub is for the 11" BP.
so our transmissions need that 12" bolt pattern design, or at least the wings to accomodate the 12" BP design. and 11" BP can't be used.

idk put PI quoted me around $750 for theirs...

I paid $800 for mine 5 years ago with install. Obviously when Im ready to sell, I would ask about half the price of a New PI. Whichever one you get, just GET it if you plan on keeping the auto for awhile.. You will NOT regret it!

RC