331 long block from DSS racing arrived!

lanquid

Jul 15, 2004
UT
I just got my 331 long block from DSS Racing! It is completely assembled and ready to go with a 75 mm throttle body and trickflow intake manifold. It cost me $9,000 for assembly of the entire engine. I also just spents $2,000 on a Tremec TKO6 and $1,700 on Cobra R rims, tires, and suspension. I'm so excited!!!

• Sponsors (?)

88SC_GT said:
9k? jesus christ.

what are the specifics on it? heads, cam, ect?

Trick Flow Twisted Wedge "High Lift" cylinder heads, trick flow roller cam, aluminum roller rockers, 4130 .80" wall seamless pushrods, ARP headbolts, Fel-Pro gaskets, 3.250" crank, DSS pro-lite series pistons, etc.

sounds kinda pricey too me? ive got a very similar setup going in my car soon.
DSS pro bullet 331 w/ pro lite pistons,
main support system, windage tray = $2800 shipped
trickflow street heat kit, street intake,
stage 1 cam, twisted wedge heads = $2200 shipped
Vortech s-trim = $2400 shipped
i know theres alot of fuel upgrades i gotta buy. also MAF, TB, balancer, flywheel, and some sort of tuning device, but still, so far ive only spent about $7500? seems like you must have gotten the super pro bullet??

places charge alot of money for assembly. did he even get the blower for that 9k? injectors? fuel pump? ect?

it would definately be nice to take an engine out of the crate and put it in the car, 9k seems high either way though. oh, what about a flywheel/clutch?

88SC_GT said:
places charge alot of money for assembly. did he even get the blower for that 9k? injectors? fuel pump? ect?

it would definately be nice to take an engine out of the crate and put it in the car, 9k seems high either way though. oh, what about a flywheel/clutch?

first of all oosmytoo it was the super pro bullet and I did get a SFI Steel flywheel, fuel injecters, electric fuel pump, water pump, long block upgrade,b31 cam installed with a double roller timing chain, high volume oil pump, extra gaskets for everything, 28 oz. SFI SBF balancer, stroker pro windage tray, 7 qt oil pan, timing cover, water pump, and Vortech fuel rail assembly.

I was just giving a few examples at first, but since you all thought about price I figured I would indulge. Labor was only like $500 though. I'll post some pics when I get my digital camera for christmas!