331 SBF with Procharger (F1R????)

Manewaymja2

Feb 11, 2009
Hey guys just broke up my Stock 306 SBF and thinking on a 331 Dart Block based motor with a Procharger like F1R. Trying to get into the 800 - 900 RWHP area. What are you guys take on this? all ideas and advice would be greatly appreciated as im going to do this in short order. Just would like to be sure on the Selection of Engine and Charger to achieve my WHP goal.

Thanks Matt:nice:

• Sponsors (?)

Hey guys just broke up my Stock 306 SBF and thinking on a 331 Dart Block based motor with a Procharger like F1R. Trying to get into the 800 - 900 RWHP area. What are you guys take on this? all ideas and advice would be greatly appreciated as im going to do this in short order. Just would like to be sure on the Selection of Engine and Charger to achieve my WHP goal.

Thanks Matt:nice:

prepare to spend 20k plus

$20,000......is for guys who cant do anything for themselves and the builder takes them for a good ride:lol:

I have priced All parts and Labor for this as well and not close. $15,000 is in the ball park like 13,500.00 to be exact from a real good builder and it will surley be the one to last allot longer than those POS stock blocks.

anyway keep them coming:nice:

Since you are looking at aftermarket block you may look at a short stoke 347 4.125x3.25 or 4.125x3. I think this would be a great combination for a blower or turbo as you dont need the stroke since it will already make good torque off idle. This will help it RPM

What broke on you stock block? To much hp?

jmo
Scott

What broke on you stock block? To much hp?

Only had 456 hp to the Crank. First #1 Bearing knock then Crack. Its crazy.

Ah......
Since you are looking at aftermarket block you may look at a short stoke 347 4.125x3.25 or 4.125x3. I think this would be a great combination for a blower or turbo as you dont need the stroke since it will already make good torque off idle. This will help it RPM

Can you explain better please. Thanks keep em coming........

If your going after market block instead of a 4" bore block opt for the 4.125" bore block this will add cid and then run less stroke. With a 4.125" bore and 3.25" stroke (a 331 stroke) your at 347cid. With 4.125" bore and 3.00" stroke (stock 302 stroke) you will be at 320cid . You will be able to wind harder and keep the torque a little more at bay thru the rpm’s, this will help in keeping the tires planted to the road when the boost comes on.

I am a rpm junkie!:nice:
Scott

Yeah you're going to have to spend some serious coin. You're going to have to do some serious chasis modification to handle that kind of power, and don't even think about bringing it to the track without a full cage.

Look just so every one here knows i am doing a full suspension upgrade and the car currently has a 8 point cage and i will be putting in more for like 12 point. I understand the need for suspension to handle power. Trust me im more concern with the Question i asked.............

331 Dart Block based motor with a Procharger like F1R. Trying to get into the 800 - 900 RWHP area. What are you guys take on this?

Is this realistic or will i need more Cubic Inch and or a bigger Blower?:shrug:

$20,000......is for guys who cant do anything for themselves and the builder takes them for a good ride:lol:

I have priced All parts and Labor for this as well and not close. $15,000 is in the ball park like 13,500.00 to be exact from a real good builder and it will surley be the one to last allot longer than those POS stock blocks.

thats funny cause im building a 347 F1c and i priced it out to 20k you're gonna need a $2k fuel system, heads are gonna be around $2k, lifters, cam, flywheel, pushrods, rockers, and head studs are gonna be north of $2k, Clutch is gonna be 1kish, F1 blower is $5k, tranny to handle the power is gonna be $4kish, intake, headers, oil pan, and other misc stuff is gonna be around 1500, plus your rear end, you're gonna need to go with a heavy duty LSD or full spool with 31-33 spline axles to keep from twisting under all that power dont know where you got 13.5 from but you're way off, plus dyno tuning as well, and thats not even including the 1500 for a stroker kit and the 2500-4000 for the block plus all the machine work required to use the block and balancer and other accessories you need, just tryin to help but if you dont believe me then oh well oh and those prices dont include tariffs and shipping to where you are

I agree with the short stroke 347, even the F1 (non R) could do it with a 5:1 step up ratio, ysi, even a Novi2k. But for even more longevity...Turbo! With a lofty goal like that, you will be spinning a blower pretty hard which comes other issues...heat, belt slip, torque on crank bearings etc...turbo would eliminate 2 out of those 3!

I would like see the list for this build if you would share with us.
$13,500 just the motor?

Fellas Fellas, please its not so hard to do what im doing for the Figures i quoted, as i already have so many of the parts i need. Like the $2K Heads, Dam Cam etc. Why are youll so focused on that when the question was something other than that and dude my car is in Florida and all duty already paid just shipping. I must have offended U. These parts will cost me 000000000000000000000$.
The Block a 4 Bolt main Dart Block all forged internals 331. $4200
The Blower F1R $4000
The Suspension & Rear End $3500
SCT Tuned (already set up from previous tune) $1000
The Fuel System $2000
Car Shipping $1400

And i c where this went wrong" All parts and Labor" Parts Only

OK that puts it in the $16K+ oh & $4000:jaw: Misc stuff =$20,000.00 U win I loose OK Now back to the question my god

I would have a hard time spending that amount of money for a 331 personally.
I would go with a larger stroker motor.

What heads do you have?What else do you have already?Be specific maybe?
How are you going to use an old tune on a different combo?What do you have for a computer?

Not using the same old Tune. Just saying the setup is already there, just retune.
Heads AFR 205 / Comp Cam for Blower (may have to custom grind) / 1.7 Roller Rockers / Tremec Gear Box / MSD Ignition with Boost Controller / SFI Damper / Valve covers / Intake Upper & Lower / 7 qrt oil Pan / Big air MAF / All except the Block and maybe some smaller parts like Injectors, Push rods as the lenght may change from the ones in my car now.
I have a Ram Clutch but going for the SPEC Stage 4 or 5.
The Rear End im staying with the 8.8 (weld the shafts) install 35 Spline Axles and my 3.73 Gears on a Locker.
The Rear Suspension: Swap out Stock Shocks to Adjustable and use my springs with air bags. Baseline Suspension Pro Launch #2 kit Uper adj Controll arms. Have Steeda lowers now. May also do track Locator.
Front suspension: Tube Kmember / A arms with adjustable Coil over Shocks.
Have Subframe Connectors and 8 point Roll cage (will be 12 Point).Im sure theres some more i may have as well as there may be other things i will need as the build progresses. Just looking to see if you guys thought the 331 and F1R would be supportive of the 800-900 WHP Goal?

I would have a hard time spending that amount of money for a 331 personally.
I would go with a larger stroker motor.

What heads do you have?What else do you have already?Be specific maybe?
How are you going to use an old tune on a different combo?What do you have for a computer?

Considering your response, I'm not sure you should post.

Why is everyone concerned with his money situation. He never once asked what is this going to cost, and look at the first response he got. The guy may as well have answered that he like JELLO, because neither response would have answered his question. Good Lord People...:Zip2:

Thank You Thank you Thank You oh yeah and Thank You :lol::nice: They worry about paper so much must be this recession. Do people ever save their money?????

Will ask the Question again 331 Dart based Engine with F1R Procharger and everything to help it like suspension and fuel system and Saftey ETC. Would say 900WHP be capable?:nice:

YSI ???????????????????????????