331 STROKER HELP NEEDED

fv0stang90

Aug 2, 2006
Just put the tranny back in my stang and took it out a little bit. Still seems to be running very rich. I pulled codes and got 2 of them....66 and 85 were the codes. My fuel pressure will not drop down like its supposed to after i hook the vacuum line ont he regulator. I checked the line, found there was a kink and fixed that but still wont change the pressure. Have a hard vibration at around 3 grand or so then goes away. At WOT the car bucks a little bit like its getting too much fuel.....Im lost

• Sponsors (?)

What year and model is your car.

66:
Vane Air Flow (VAF) or Mass Air Flow (MAF) signal low - VAF MAF
Transmission Oil Temperature (TOT) signal low (possibly grounded) - Transmissions

Since you did some transmission work, have a weird feeling 66 has to do with the above!

88:
Throttle Kicker Solenoid - Solenoids
Variable Voltage Choke relay circuit fault - VVC
Fan Control circuit fault - A/C and Fan Circuits
A4LD - Converter Clutch Override solenoid - Transmissions\

And with the 88 trouble code... would again think it is to do with the throttle kicker solenoid - solenoids or the converter clutch override solenoid - transmission...

Anyone??

Electronic Ignition - IDM, DPI or spout circuit fault - Ignition Systems

Ill try cleaning it. Just put it on last year maybe got some stuff on it from sitting around this winter... With the regulator. I believe they say to set pressure around 39 or so with the vac line off. when you put line back on it usually drops the pressure sone but for some reason its not working right.

The car is a 1990 mustang lx. 331 stroker twisted wedge heads trick flow upper and lower intake. 75mm throttle body and spacer. 90mm MAF with 30lb injectors. X-303 cam.