331 Stroker Help?

$uperstang

Jul 20, 2004
Detroit, MI
Ok, so I just purchased this 325 Eagle stroker kit forged everything from Super Engine builders in Chicago, there web site is www.gofaststuff.com. They are telling me it is a 50oz ext. balance and to use a 50oz damper and flexplate. I call this other company to get a 50oz pro damper and they tell me to call Eagle to make sure because they beleive it should be a 28oz. So I call Eagle and they say if it is the forged stroker kit, it is a neutral balance.

What the heck? Can anyone help?

• Sponsors (?)

I would talk to where you bought the stroker kit. They may have specially balenced the kit to work with the factory stuff most 5.0's already have to save their customers from having to buy a new flywheel/flexplate and front balencer.

If you paid for the kit to be balanced at that shop you ordered it from and they said its 50oz, then use a 50oz flexplate and balaner. If you did you not have it balanced yet, then have it balanced to 28oz if you want to buy a new flexplate and balancer. You NEED to have the assembly balanced, you don't just buy it and install it.

Grn92LX said:
If you paid for the kit to be balanced at that shop you ordered it from and they said its 50oz, then use a 50oz flexplate and balaner. If you did you not have it balanced yet, then have it balanced to 28oz if you want to buy a new flexplate and balancer. You NEED to have the assembly balanced, you don't just buy it and install it.

Grn92LX brigns up a good point that I just assumed. Did you have the assembly balenced?

No crank is cast or forged at a certain balance, they all need to be balanced.

The guy at Eagle was referring to the new "internal" balance 4340 crank they offer, it balance to "0 or neutral" easier since it require no expensive heavy metal (Mallory), but I find weight still has to be removed.

Go on the recommendation of the company you bought the parts from, they should have balanced the kit. If it is not balanced it needs to be. Going 50oz on a stroker crank in not recommended since it takes a lot of material out of the crank end weights. Can it be done? Yes...