stang9150

Dec 26, 2005
iam thinking about doing a 331 stroker.i want to use a d.s.s racing kit anyone ever use them and good or bad comments?iam trying to figure out if i should go with afr 165 heads or the 185s the car is a 91 lx hatch and is a dailey drive so i want to have real down low torque and mid range,that brings me to the cam thinking maybe about something from comps or maybe a trickflow stage 2 iam new to the stroker game so iam not sure what you guys run in a 331.i will be running a performer intake with 24lbs injectors.the car will be na for awhile maybe a blower down the road or a 75 shot who knows but as of right now car is being built as an na motor.i figure the 331 in na form will make my goal of about 300 rear wheel maybe more who knows.Any ever buy any of those jegs subframe connectors?iam looking for a set that is good and on the cheap.alright thanks for any info you guys might provide.

• Sponsors (?)

It takes quite a bit to get 400rwhp on a 331, if you want it streetable and want some accessories. Vaccum from the cam is crucial for your brakes...etc...etc.

You will have great useable power with the combo you have planned...good luck with it!

d.s.s I think is junk, I just didn't like them. But spend the little bit more money and buy the dart 331. I loved mine and i just used dart heads, tko-600 and a nice novi-2000 and you make MAD power yo!! Just get the dart, because if you go with a d.s.s block your not going to be happy...