$340 for MM full length SFC's installed...

Black Stang 97

the guy on top of me is funny
Nov 11, 2004
Los Angeles, CA
well i was driving down the street and decided to stop by a local mustang shop i had never gone too....they are charging me 340 for the MM xl full length subframe connectors installed...the price is for the bare steel ones and they paint them black....is it a good price or can i find somewhere cheaper??

• Sponsors (?)

I dunno...one place I called wanted $250 for install (I have the connectors already and primed/painted them myself), and another place just wanted $57.50/hr for a maximum of 2hrs. For how much it costs, it's almost easier just to rent a welder and do it yourself (if you know how that is ;))

Depends on what welding goes for in your area I guess :shrug:

the connectors are $135 (or in that area) shipped so you can call around to other shops and get quotes on the welding :shrug:

around my area i dont have many options....most shops dont even know how to weld them....this shop is about 20 minutes away by streets.....and the next shop is about 1 hour and a half....they are mustang only shop....so they have a better idea on how to weld them...

BennyDaBall said:
For how much it costs, it's almost easier just to rent a welder and do it yourself (if you know how that is ;))
you could buy a Lincoln MIG at Home Depot for 2 hundred something, get the bare subs for $100, and some spraypaint for $3, it would still be cheaper than what he has to pay ($340)

only other thing would be gas, i don't remember what the Lincoln kit comes with

Thats pretty expensive for the install. They may also be charging you a little more because the 96-98 cobras transmission crossmember needs to be modified to weld on subframe connectors. Either way its a little over priced for the work being done.