342 Stroker

load71

Oct 28, 2004
Hey guys. I have a 1987 gt convert with 170,000 miles on it. I am looking to do a rebuild over the summer. I am interested in Central Coast Mustang's 342 stroker long block with AFR 185 heads and a X-303 cam for only $3,900. I am planning on driving the car every day and only taking it down the track every now and then. Has anyone ever dealt with them before? I can not find out any information on them. Should i go with them, or buy from DSS or CHP, but pay a couple thousand more? Any information about this engine or the company would be great.

• Sponsors (?)

A friend of mine bought that same package but got (xe282hr) cam instead ($100) more.Also he got main girdle and canto 7 qt pan, total bill for everything including all gaskets and shipping was under $4500.The car sound good and runs awesome.He is running mid to high 11's on motor and had it for 6 months.He had similar motor priced from DSS and cost him asbout $2500 more.I say go for it.

87fcoupe said:
A friend of mine bought that same package but got (xe282hr) cam instead ($100) more.Also he got main girdle and canto 7 qt pan, total bill for everything including all gaskets and shipping was under $4500.The car sound good and runs awesome.He is running mid to high 11's on motor and had it for 6 months.He had similar motor priced from DSS and cost him asbout $2500 more.I say go for it.

87fcoupe... is he running the car with any type of power adders? what type of intake does he have?

well my cousin bought there 302 shortblock, and hes wishing he had got the stroker! Anyways, the engine is still going awesome, and it should it only has 5,000 miles on it. He's running a powerdyne blower on with about 9lbs of boost and he's running low 12's at 120 "no traction". He's ticked he didnt go with the stroker option! I say go for it, i want to get there stroker in the near future as well

Has any one eles dealt with central coast before? i can use any ones opinion right now. If i go with this motor i was thinking about going with Holley's intake. is that a good move?

thanks 87fcoupe. how reliable is this motor going to be? would i get at least 100,000 miles out of it. i would be only taking down the track every now and then, and would baby it on the street. i just dont want to regret anything later on. thanks in advance