347 AFR185's and which cam?

mattred90gt

Founding Member
Jun 14, 2002
CT
hey im trying to figure out which cam will work best with my 347: i have 10:5:1 compression,motor is carbed with edelbrock victor Jr intake and 850CFM carb, there is a Fordracing X303 camshaft in the motor now,i dont really like the ford cams so i was debating on a Anderson N-41 or a trickflow stage 2 Both cam i read are good for nitrous, i plan to run a Bigshot system through the motor so its a tuff choice.

if anyone is running these cams in there 347's could ya tell me how ya like them and the power that it makes

• Sponsors (?)

I bought an Anderson cam for my 347. It's the N-412. I expected a "custom" camshaft, but paid $300 for something that pretty much seems off-the-shelf. I haven't started the car up yet (just dropped the motor in today) so I can't tell you how well it runs. Save yourself some cash and go with the Trick Flow, or just call up Comp Cams and have them recommend or grind a cam for you. If you want the specs on the N-412 I can probably PM you with them, I'm not sure if I'm supposed to post them here.

CC XE274HR, XE282HR & Crower 15513, AFM N-71 or 91 are all decent OTS 347 cams. I wouldn't go anything less in size than the 274 if ya want decen't power.
JMO
Personally i'd go custom.
Scott

67stang390, I didn't list AFM as custom above.

mattred90gt, FTI makes terrific custom cams as do others.

I've been extremely happy with my FTI cam. ended up with much more than I expected. $300 for a decent OTS cam or $325 for a custom. you do the math
Scott

i have a tfs stage 3 in my 331 but although i like it, i want to get with ed curtis (fti) and see how much better one of his customs would be on my application. i was actually talking to him for 2 months about a 306 i was going to do with some 165's and a custom cam but i had more than just a rod knocking like i thought. i ended up going with the 331 and i needed a cam pretty quick. i like the stage 3 but i would think the custom would be better and had planned on doing it down the road.

just give ed a call or an email and tell him what you are thinking along with all the specifics and he will get back to you with his opinion.

CobraGT87 said:
67stang390, I didn't list AFM as custom above.

mattred90gt, FTI makes terrific custom cams as do others.

I've been extremely happy with my FTI cam. ended up with much more than I expected. $300 for a decent OTS cam or $325 for a custom. you do the math
Scott

:nice: I went to FTI for my cam as well.