347 back in an ready

Mizark347

Jan 21, 2004
Detroit
Dropped the 347 back in yesterday after taking it out cause it was too tight. Now it spins great and ready to make power. The thing is cant get my starter to work. Does the Starter have to be hooked up to the bell housing to work? Cause i try it all wired up, but all I get is a single click. What could have gone bad? New teriminal solenoid (relay). Also, how do jump the solenoid?
Help fast would be apreciated, Thanks Mark

• Sponsors (?)

Your the guy a few weeks back that had trouble rotating the motor right? Im glad you got it fixed. It sounds like your solonoid is shot, if the starter is old, why not replace it. No its doesnt have to be hooked up in order to work.=, but ull need to give it a ground in order for it to actuate.

air, fuel, spark are the three things an engine needs to run...your gettin air I wouod hope. Pull a spark plug wire off and check for spark. Then check fuel. its either one or the other. Is your distributor in correctly? If its not set correctly, youll get the same problem

For some reason i think its in the valve train. Cams installed str8 up. Valve springs are Comp installed:132 lbs @1.750- Open: 280 lbs @1.250- Spring rate:296 lbs/in stock pushrods and lifter. 1.7 RR's. does this all work together on the stock POS's.

* Advertised duration: 275 intake/279 exhaust
* Duration at .050 in. lift: 221 intake/225 exhaust
* Gross valve lift: .499 in. intake/.510 in. exhaust w/1.6
* Lobe separation: 112 degrees
* RPM range: 2,000 to 5,500
I have 1.7

Stangs pissin me off........I took off valve covers and found 6 bent push rods all on intake valves.........is this cam timing not right?.......or try hardened push rods for these springs.....but none were bent on exhaust valve.