347 Combo??????????

1SLO GT

Sep 12, 2005
I have a Coast High Performance 347 stroker kit i just bought from a friend, and was wondering about how much power i should see, oh and my car is a five speed with 3:73 gears.......

Conbo:
347 Shortblock all studed and ARP Bolts along with Girdle
About 10.5: 1 compression ratio
Trickflow Track Heat Heads
Trickflow Street Heat Intake
Trickflow Stage 1 cam
Trickflow 1.7 Roller rockers
Edelbrock 75mm TB
Pro- M Mass air 75mm
24lb injectors
Anderson powerpipe
Longtubes
X- pipe with Bullets
Tuned With an SCT chip

just curious about how much power ill be sittin at, also i was thinking about switching to:
Track Heat Intake
Stage 2 cam
30lb Injectors

would these parts help or hurt my combo?

• Sponsors (?)

Have the heads Cnc'ed, get a custom cam, and swap out the intake to an RPM II, that with an 80mm maf and your 30's could likely get you to 425rwhp.

Right now it's probably around 375rwhp.

The setup you have has alot of potential, i don't think i'd waste my time with an off the shelf cam.

I do not see anywhere near 375rwhp out of that combination.

I agree with most of the above:

- 30lb injectors
- Keep heads or port if possible.
- Custom cam (FTI?)
- Holley Systemax Intake

With these changes and depending on your GOALS, you could see anywhere from 375-425 rwhp.

With a custom cam, it is hard to guess what final output you will get, because it is dependent on your goals and what you want out of the camshaft.

- Idle quality
- Vacuum
- Performance up top, or down low, or a mix of it all
- Etc.

yeah, you may be right, the cam, intake and maf are probably killing the present combo.
The heads are capable of seeing close to 375 unported, but the rest of the bottleneck is hurting the setup.

On a good day you might hit 315rwhp with that combo. I copy and pasted this from Ed Curtis' (FTI) webpage to give you an idea whats easily possible: Jarett here,

You may remember I'm running a CHP-347, Twisted Wedge heads, Edelbrock RPM EFI, and the Stage One TFS cam. I dynoed (after tuning) at 312 rwhp and 348 rwtq. Then I changed to your cam and went to a bigger exhaust as per your instruction (from 1 5/8 shorty to a 1 3/4 LT). With no other changes, I just dynoed today at 373 rwhp 383 rwtq. A gain of 61 rwhp and 35 rwtq.

Thanks a million - It was well worth every penny.
JG

what about an Anderson High Rev. cam and valvetrain set up? the guy i bought the motor from has this set up already???????????, and if i switch to the Track Heat Intake as i have one from a previous setup i had????????

The AFM hi-rev stuff works good too. You will need to swap your gears for some 4.10-4.56 gears depending which cam you choose and what your goals are. I think an N-71 along with a holley intake and some 4.10 or 4.30 gears will work very well if you had 1.6 rockers. Since you have 1.7 rockers, I think a custom cam is your best bet.

yeah, you may be right, the cam, intake and maf are probably killing the present combo.
The heads are capable of seeing close to 375 unported, but the rest of the bottleneck is hurting the setup.

The MAF would not be a problem, but that intake and camshaft are.

The Trickflow Stage 1 camshaft is for mild-street driven cars with 302 cubic inches. The added .4 inchs of stroke from the 347, along with dwell time differences, compression, are key things that are going to get the train moving if they are adapted to the cubic inch change. The valve effects are not tailored for the added cubes.

A custom camshaft needs to be tailored toward the exhaust you get, whether it is short or long headers, o.d. of primary tubes, length of collector, etc.