347 don't start until I keep thorttle open

mustang302jeff

Aug 26, 2006
I just finished my injection 347 stroker and it started at first key turn but when I make it rev more than idle and I let it go down to idle, sometime it dies and I have big difficulty to restart it again. I have to step on gas and start during a long time and it finish to start.

I adjusted the fuel pressure to 39 and the timing is basic at 10. I have a Granatelli 75mm MAF set for my 30lbs injector. My fuel pump is a Holley 255 lph. I have a 70mm throttle body, Perfomer RPM II intake, AFR 185 cylinder head. My computer (1991 Mustang 5.0L manual) is stock for the moment but I plan to go on the dyno to burn a chip for it, I just wait to break the engine before.

Do you have an idea of the problem? Does the fuel pressure can be the problem? I'm going to change the IAC too, because I took the old one that was on my stock 1991 5.0L.

Thanks for your advise and excuse my bad English, I'm from Quebec, Canada...

• Sponsors (?)

I had the exact same problem when I first did my HCI - it turned out that I forgot the ground between the harness and the intake (or head) at the very back of the motor. As they will all say on here, a bad ground will do weird things!