347 Guys.. Need help on parts...

Lilwhitepony

Mar 1, 2004
So I've been out of this for awhile, but I still have a 7500 unfinished 347 stroker sittin in my garage on a stand and a fox waitin for it to be in. Anyways heres my setup:

Track heat intake
3.73 gears
twisted wedge heads (ported)
scorpion rockers
eagle rods and pistons

more or less everything in the motor is new except the block. I can't remember what everything is exactly because I havent dug through the spec sheets in over 2 years. Next time I'm home I will.

Anyways, I need a clutch headers injectors and a fuel pump to finish this monster. Any suggestions, like I said I've been out of it for a long long time and wanna jump back into it.

• Sponsors (?)

Mcleod disk with a king cobra or motorsport HD pressure plate (killer clutch set up!) 1 3/4" longtubes, 30-42lb injectors, 75mm tb, 255 fuel pump. I have a near identical combo so listen to me, i know what it needs :D What cam?

Mcleod disk with a king cobra or motorsport HD pressure plate (killer clutch set up!) 1 3/4" longtubes, 30-42lb injectors, 75mm tb, 255 fuel pump. I have a near identical combo so listen to me, i know what it needs :D What cam?

I agree...

Except the 75mm TB will flow much more than you need...a 65 or 70 will suffice.

Watch out for bias answers. Because we run it on our cars does not mean it is the best or fits someone elses budget. It doesn't matter so much what 'we have' but what is good for their combo.

Right now I have a 70mm tb
You think I should upgrade?
What kind of headers? Long Tube?
My cam is custom..

What kind of numbers you showing?

Who did the custom cam? I would use a bbk or hooker 1 3/4" longtube with a 3" mid pipe. You shouldnt need a 3" cat back, dr gas sells a 3"x2.5" X pipe for bbk longtubes.

I did not know you had a 70, just use that but a 75 would be better but theres more important things you need first.

Is this Rick from Hanover?

No I am not Rick. He did build my shortblock though. Great dude to deal with ;) Link in sig.

Yeah you will see a gain going from a 70-75 just not enough to justify at this time. A guy over on corral had dyno results from the swap in his sig on a 347. 12-15hp gain over the 70, not too shabby :)

I would have liked to see you use a mcleod disk with a king cobra pressure plate. Open up the ball/socket joint on those bbk collectors. Theyre VERY restrictive especially for a good breathing 347.

Who did your custom cam?

Grn92lx - Do you got a link to the gain? Thanks...

I would like to see for the money a better gain per dollar than 12-15hp if you say the money could be spent elsewhere...just curious.

I'm going to predict that it was dynoed on a different day and/or a new engine (first dyno) and had further miles on it (second dyno where the gain was seen). Just a prediction...

Thanks bud:nice:

I would have liked to see you use a mcleod disk with a king cobra pressure plate. Open up the ball/socket joint on those bbk collectors. Theyre VERY restrictive especially for a good breathing 347.

Who did your custom cam?

I'll have to look around for the headers.. I didn't buy that stuff yet just ran into a kid that was selling them

Grn92lx - Do you got a link to the gain? Thanks...

I would like to see for the money a better gain per dollar than 12-15hp if you say the money could be spent elsewhere...just curious.

I'm going to predict that it was dynoed on a different day and/or a new engine (first dyno) and had further miles on it (second dyno where the gain was seen). Just a prediction...

Thanks bud:nice:

bump...