347 guys, whats your combo and numbers?

"Clinton = work steady, it was boomin. bush = slowed down, lay-off's and collecting unemployment checks "

Yeah because Clinton is one lucky SOB that rode the technology boom during it peaks and got out of office just as it started crashing. Sorry people but you need to do some research because president has nothing to do with economy. Economy is run by the FED (led by Greenspan) who is void of any politics. Not to mention last quarter the economy saw it largest growth in over 20 years.

• Sponsors (?)

The 11:1 comression 331 that I am building for my LX will go on the engine dyno in a few months and we are looking for 450-500 horsepower at around 7,000-7,500rpm. I am using lightly ported/milled twisted wedge heads set up for running a solid flat-tappet cam with comp springs and titanium retainers. The custom Comp cam I am using has 250/254 duration @ .050 and .592/.608 lift and 106LSA installed on a 102 ICL. I am going to use a mildly ported victor Jr. intake and a Holley 650 DP carb with a Proform main body(about 750 cfm) and metering blocks. Exhaust is going to be at least 1 3/4 long tubes, but my engine builder wants me to use and 1 7/8 header. My motor also has a few "tricks" that I think I might keep to myself giving it 20-30 more horsepower than a simular combo.

Hope my carb'd combo gives you a little better idea of what to expect out of your motor. Those twisted wedge heads have a lot more potential than some people give them credit for even with just a very mild porting/ clean up job done.

By the time I get a few responses on this post, i'll have enough money to build a 408 and a 418 :-/
MIke, part of the reason I decided against a 351 motor was because more than likely i'd need a cowl and that I did NOT want and it would just cost much more than I could afford or wanted to spend. I been e-maling jay allen ( a custom cam guy) about my set up and him doing a cam for it.

Grn92LX said:
I work union, so I see first hand when work is slow or not. Clinton = work steady, it was boomin. bush = slowed down, lay-off's and collecting unemployment checks .

What does working union have to do with it? I'm involved in the commercial/Industrial construction trade also and our company has more work now than we can handle. You should look more toward your state government. If you're union you probably do mostly prevailing rate work (which is 90 percent state funded). I know PA is booming. The low interest rates have all kinds of new buildings and renovation work going on.

90Notch said:
"Clinton = work steady, it was boomin. bush = slowed down, lay-off's and collecting unemployment checks "

Yeah because Clinton is one lucky SOB that rode the technology boom during it peaks and got out of office just as it started crashing. Sorry people but you need to do some research because president has nothing to do with economy. Economy is run by the FED (led by Greenspan) who is void of any politics. Not to mention last quarter the economy saw it largest growth in over 20 years.

Amen!! Thanks for speaking the real truth. I've been saying this for 4 years.

EDIT: Sorry forgot about the 347...someone must have some info!! I'm thinking 347 torque biased engine for a street rod.

Hey 86cobra, before you knock somebody maybe you should ask questions before you open your mouth. I have a compucar bottle, wot switch, main feed line, NOS solenoids, blow off and purge kit. That is why it is wrote the way it is. I built my car from stock by myself and am not even close to a clueless ricer as you call it.

Grn92LX said:
I'm looking to do a nice 347 soon. Trying to stay budget minded, but it will probably cost more than I think :rolleyes: Just looking to see what kinda n/a number you 347 guys are getting.

The combo i'm planning on is 10.8:1 compression 347, forged rods/pistons, cast crank (lighter than forged and perfect for what I plan on) ported TW heads, rpm 2 or holley intake, ed curtis cam probably (or another custom cam guy) 75mm race TB which is 90mm opening and 75mm at the blade (internet racers please dont tell me this is "too big") 1 3/4" longtubes, 80mm pro-m and 30's.

Post your numbers and combo's!

Mike

My 347 is in the neighborhood of 700 hp. I got a custom grind cam from a reputable company for $260. Ed starts at $325. If your interested I can give you the phone # if you PM me.