347 intake recommendations

Hey guys on my old setup I made 325rwhp and 376rwtq thru a non ported cobra intake. My setup consisted of 10:1 comp, TFS TW 170cc heads, e-cam, 19lb injectors, 1 5/8 LT headers, off road bbk x-pipe, flowmaster catback, 75mm TB.
My current setup is the same except for now I am running 24lb injectors, 1 ¾ LT headers, DR gas off road x, slp 2 catback, com cam xe274hr.
Eventually I am going to have the heads ported to 190cc, 80-85mm TB, 30lb injectors, and upgrade the intake since I know that is choking the power quite a bit.

I am stuck between going with a trickflow R-series, holley systemax 2, or victor 5.0 intake. I know all of these perform well I just want to know what your opinion is which intake to go with and WHY. And if you have any experiences with any of these and which intake do YOU think will make the most power with my setup, thanks.

DMAR

• Sponsors (?)

i don't have any experience with any of them, but there's a kid around town here that has a built 347 running a victor 5.0 and his car runs like a raped ape. i don't remember exactly, but i think he was running deep 11's.

holley for sure, the tfs-r and victor are for +7,000rpm motors, I think you'd be better off with the TF trackheat than the R model.

the trick flow R series intake is good for 2500 - 7250 that does not mean it is a high rpm intake it just means it is capable of supporting it. and the is NO way in the world that i would go with a track heat if your gonna be porting those heads.

I'd use the holley with what you have now and the victor when you have the heads worked. Of course, i'd use a custom cam when that happens.

I have the TFS R on mine now and will be switching to a victor once it warms up.

I dont know if you have it listed under your sig but what intake are you running ?

Im using a out of the box stock chinese made Cobra intake, i dont doubt im leaving a couple peak HP numbers on the plate with a Cobra intake, i dont mind im very very satified with my power curve and with peak HP around 5500 RPMs and great street manners good idle and still made good dyno numbers that would probably be around Dynojet 400RWHP..... your target HP. If i could try a different intake it would only be the Holley.......u might see a big difference swaping that e-cam for that Comp XE274 BIG difference my custom grind was based off that cam

I know this wasn't your question, but 30 lb injectors won't easily support 400 RWHP. I'm surprised you've gotten so far with 19 and 24 lb injectors. If 400 RWHP is your goal, I'd be planning on at least 36 lb/hr.

Other than that, there has been a lot of good suggestions so far. The Cobra might not be your best bet unless you have it professionally ported.

I know this wasn't your question, but 30 lb injectors won't easily support 400 RWHP. I'm surprised you've gotten so far with 19 and 24 lb injectors. If 400 RWHP is your goal, I'd be planning on at least 36 lb/hr.

Other than that, there has been a lot of good suggestions so far. The Cobra might not be your best bet unless you have it professionally ported.

lots of Foxbodys making 400RWHP and higher with 30 lb injectors

There is a LARGE difference when choosing injector size and utilizing boost or cubes to get you there. With N/A you need much less. I think maybe what nikwoa was trying to say was you might be at maximum duty cycle on those injectors with 400 rwhp. Never would hurt to go 36's or 39's.

On to other things, I have made what I wouldnt consider "well" over but a pretty decent amount over 400 with a home ported cobra. It can be done and I agree with 89stang1 that the torque and power curves are relatively flat and gorgeous with this intake.

Not that I'm doubting it, but I'd like to see an example of "higher".

Yes. Here is an injector size calculator, for anyone interested:

Injector Size Calculator

lol i let u do the leg work on that....... Trust me:nice:
actually running a bigger injector could cause bigger problems especially at idle, controling flow xtra injector is not ideal the right size is im running 30s..... getting ready to spray a little NOS with the same 30s
:nice: