347 Manifold Question Again! Sorry

AnthonyR23

Sep 8, 2006
Ontario
So I know I have inquired about this before, sorry guys!! But am kinda confused... Not sure if any of you have read the intake shootout articles, which are also performed on a 347. I kinda like the look of the black trick flow upper intake, which will match my valve covers.... I wish there was somewhere I could find a comparison between the three trick flow manifolds streetburner, track heat, and r series. On that article it seems there focus is seeing where the intakes drop off, and seem to be focused on top end. With my 347, with trickflow heads, and crane cam powermax 2030 cam, I don't want to choke out my engine combo, but I do want to be able to drive the car, because I have to pass an emissions, I have watched them do the emissions tests here and I haven't seen them do any thorough visual inspections, only the sniff test. So I have been intending on keeping my smog pump, two high flow cats, egr, and tab tad solenoids still on the car, so that I may have a chance to pass the emissions. Unless I just put the stock 5.0 upper manifold on for the test?? I don't really want to eliminate the egr, does the track heat intake not have emissions ports. I thought that the egr spacer and egr valve just lets exhaust gas in with the air flow on the intake when opened... why can't that be used with the r series intake. I don't really want to trade that much low end power though for high end, as it will mainly just be used as a street car, not for daily driving at all, but some summer driving... If I am missing something regarding the emissions/egr and intake please inform me..... cause I'm a little confused about why the r series wouldn't work.... any other intake suggestions are more than welcome... I am definitely confused about what emissions features are on these intakes other than egr.. ???

Thanks guys!!!

• Sponsors (?)

I'd consider the Rpm II. Which i believe can be had in black now too.

Edit: Holy crap summit wants $820 for it in black.
I'd forget that idea.

And if you want it polished they wack you over a grand.

Ok, but I'm still really confused about what emissions ports are on the intake... anyone know... what emissions features are on intakes, other than the egr spacer and valve....

the street and track heat intakes have all the emission ports as the stock ones do if that answers your question. The lower has the exhaust ports and so does the upper.

Ok, but I'm still really confused about what emissions ports are on the intake... anyone know... what emissions features are on intakes, other than the egr spacer and valve....

what are you confused about? the 75mm opening tfs r has the egr ports and vacuum ports just like stock. the 90mm tfs r does not have egr.