347 not turning....help fast

Starter began to smoke after a few more tries. Bought the whole complete kit together. The engine does feel really tight though. I use about a 2 foot long socket wrench to turn the crank. Do you suggest getting a high torque starter and lettin it rip to see what happens?

• Sponsors (?)

If the starter is smokin that probably mean's it dosn't have the power to turn that motor over, which is really odd. Try a high torque starter for the hell of it and hopefully it solves your problem. Hopefully it's not something internal in the engine that is causing this problem.
The last thing you want to do is fire up an engine with clearence's that are way to tight.

Everything moved freely when i was first putting everything in. Crank spun really great by it self and caps torqued. It was really good up until the last couple of pistons. Piston to wall clearance is .002 which is what KB calls for. The engine does feel tight when i turn it though, could it be piston rings?.....so high torque starter?

Well when you turn the engine over it of course is supposed to be fairly tight. As long as you don't have to break your back or have to use a snipe just to turn it. Sound's like your's is not to bad from what your telling me.
Just do it......Throw a High Torque starter on her and see what happen's. You obviously probably fried your old one so your going to have to buy a starter anyway. Throw a new solenoid on her while your at it. There cheap.
Do it, and let us know what happens.

Im gonna tear the intake and heads back off and make sure everythings cool before i try and start it again. Im thinkin the end of a Ring might of slipped out of the piston ring groove ad is lodged. because when i turn it it feels like 1 piston is dragging. I should be able to tell by looking down at the piston.