347 Owners Help...

Lilwhitepony

Mar 1, 2004
Here's my deal, I have an '87 5 speed and right now I have on it 75mm TB, 80mm maf, H-pipe and cat back, 3.73 gears, TFS Track Heat upper and lower intake. I have an e303 cam and TFS heads that have brand new 10 degree titanium retainers and locks, brand new FTI valve springs, brand new ARP 7/16th rockers studs, heads have been milled down to 58cc combustion chambers, new valve guides, valve seals, and a valve job done. Right now the block is being bored .030" over. What I am wanting to know from trial and error is what stroker kit is the best, if I should get a different cam to put in, if 1 5/8 long tubes will be ok? Basically anything you guys can tell me from experience that works best for the 347 combo. Feel free to send me an msg on AIM or email me. Thanks!!
Matt
Here's a site with my car: http://carsnrides.com/Profile.aspx AIM: Mattman6203
Email: [email protected]

• Sponsors (?)

your supporting cast is setup nicely. the 347 is going to take off well with that combo. however, i feel that the e303 cam is a bit small for that setup. if you dont have the money for something better, it will work, but something like the TFS2, xe274hr will work better.

You are definately going to be hating life with that E cam. The Motorsport line of camshafts are designed for increasing performance on factory applications. They do not work well with stroker motors. I personally would go with a custom grind cam, but if you are dead set on an "off the shelf" cam, I might look at the Trick Flow Stage 2, but that will still be short on Duration I think. Other than that you combo looks pretty solid.

Good Luck

Jon

Nate... hey it's matt from williamsport.

I was looking into getting a stage 2 cam but where can I get a good custom cam? Also what would be good internals/stroker kit for this setup?

Lilwhitepony said:
Nate... hey it's matt from williamsport.

I was looking into getting a stage 2 cam but where can I get a good custom cam? Also what would be good internals/stroker kit for this setup?

matt, what happened to your other SN?

anyway, the best bet is to talk to Ed curtis or one of them to make ya a cam. custom cams run ya about 325 + shipping. as for the internals, forged pistons will be a must and scat stuff will work unless you plan on upgrading your block... then upgrade your internals.

on the FMS cams: you mean to tell me that the X or Z cam wont work with a stroker motor? you must be nuts. no, they arent going to perform as well as others or a custom, but they will work and produce good numbers!