347 questions

lxwants12's

Sep 22, 2004
so just got a question hee.....347 with production block, forged rotating assembly and afr 185 heads with a ridiculous cam....hoping to make 400 to the wheels, but will that block support that power?? and then if i decide to still use my 100 shot of zex dry nitrous??

• Sponsors (?)

Ummmm $1800-2000 im pretty sure. I would only give up that kinda change for one if i was gonna use it to go WAAAYYYY past the stock block capacity. Not to only go a little past it. I would make my investment well worth it.

No need for a heavy forged crank. Stick with a scat cast steel crank.

Nates correct, if this is your combo, use a stock block. I still say you're better off having your TW heads ported, but the afr 185 will work well. If you're gonna sell the TW heads and buy new heads, look into edelbrock victor jr's.

Where on LI are you?

If you do not plan on going with an aftermarket block in the future I agree stay with the cast crank it will save you some money.

The DART based motor will run you around $2000 more plus you'll need an oil pan and a few other parts specific for that block and the 4 bolt caps. Just for comparison sake I build cast crank strokers in the $1950 range, forged crank strokers $2450 range and DART Sportsman based $4350 range.

400hp is pushing a stock block, keep the rpms under 6500, good machine work and good tune. We broke 2 stock blocks a little over 5400RWHP this year...but we rev them high ;)