347 stroker 475hp, auto to manual swap

slagle06

Nov 1, 2007
Im having problems finding the proper tranny i should use when i drop my freshly built motor in. I have a 93 gt, the motor is currently being built, just waiting for it to come back from the machine shop and then i can piece it together. After all is done there should be about 450-475 hp at the crank w/o a power adder. I was told the WC T-5 would be enough but after some research I know that it won't be enough. What kind of tranny should I use, I looked into the tkos, they would work but I'm not too happy about the idea. I mean for that money i should be able to get something of a better tranny. Any ideas let me know thanks. PFC Slagle - US ARMY

• Sponsors (?)

You can use the T5, but you'd be best off getting one of the G-Force versions that can handle high horsepower and torque ratings. You can get them for roughly the same price as a World Class T5 from FRPP. I'm gonna find a moderator that can move this to 5.0 Tech for you, I can't access the Moderator Control Panel for this particular forum. You'll get quite a bit more help up there. And by the way, welcome to :SNSign:

Maybe consider a T-56 6 speed? I'm not sure if you want this car more for dragging, but I think you could put in a 6 speed for the same price as a tko.

Thanks for your service in the army.

I used a TKO in my last car that was pushing around 425-450 horsepower and it handled it great and shifted awesome. I would recommend it to you, but if you can afford the t-56 that would be even better especially if you can pick up a slightly used one!

A TKO or 3550, or the new TKO 500 or TKO600 would all work no problem. I don't think you'll find a cheaper manual that'll take the power. You can find some decent deals on used trannies, but caveat emptor.

Chris

but caveat emptor.

Chris is right on:nice: Buying a used transmission probably needs to be from a closer friend or a respected public individual, so "buyer be aware."

I have always had a bias towards the G-Force transmission. I hear some of their combinations can be noisy though.

The t-56 and TKO's soak up a little bit more power than a typical T5 with more strength and rotational weight of course.