347 with canton oil pan ?

ls1beater4eva

May 13, 2005
mooresville
ok wel i went and picked up my short block form the machine shop today and got home and bolted my oil pump on and then tryed to bolt up my canton oil pick up and the dam thing does line up with the oil pump bolts holes only one hole will line up anybody ever had this problem befor and how can i fix this? allso i was told that there is a certain height that the pick up has to be form the bottom of the pan how do i find out what it is?

• Sponsors (?)

You are using both a Canton oil pan and Canton pickup correct? I remember when my friend was assembling his motor he had to end up using his stock pickup because the one he had didn't fit either. I don't remember if it was made by Canton.

I would call Canton directly. I have been to their office before and their tech help is pretty good.

Canton Racing

Main number - 203.481.9460

Tech number - 203.481.9943

Im not sure if its the same on the cleveland swap..but my canton pickup had to be tweeked alittle at the mounting tab to make it work. this messed with the clearances a little but wasnt hard to get it back around 3/8" oh and you can use clay to measure the pickup clearance or you can measure from gasket area on block to pickup and then measure from gasket area of pan to bottom of pan and this should get you close enough. hope that made sense???