347???

Sorry guys, im kinda a mustang newbie but i def. know more than most 19 year olds do. I have a 94 gt that has a bbk cai, 75mm tb, Trickflow trackheat intake manifold, full lenght headers, off-road x-pipe, magnaflow catback, 3.90 gears, and a king cobra clutch all of which i did on my own. I have a couple buddys that have vortech's or powerdyne's and they really want me to put a blower on it. But for some reason i just love n/a! They keep tellin me all the cons of n/a but seriously what kinda performance could i expect out of a 347 stroker, with my intake and tb. AFR 185cc heads or trickflow twisted wedge's cnc ported 185's and a custom ed curtis cam? Keep in mind i do live in denver at basically 6,000ft. elevation. This is my daily driver and im not to interested in making a 800hp rocket. But just somthing that will really trully give me a joy to drive and be able to take care of most of the rice out here. Thanx for your help, its always appreciated and sorry for the long post.

• Sponsors (?)

Just some thoughts

How much HP?

Well, you would have to hash that out with the Ed Curtis rep on your cam. But, if you kept everything you have and just did the short block 347 I would say you will gain around 40hp with just cubes.

Now add heads and cam it really depends on the cam as mentioned and then how you decide to tune it. Either do it yourself with a tweecer or pms. Or, have it tuned via a chip of some sort.

Don't forget that you are going to increase the airflow with those heads which means you also want to consider fuel and corresponding airflow restriction upgrades(MAF, inj, fuel pump, TB).

In the end I would say you could get enough NA hp to split the stock block if you do it right. :D But, I would aim for around 500hp max at the crank for a daily driver which puts you around 425rwhp. Then you need to consider the stock drivetrain.......it goes on and on and on.