347e setup help.

blue87lx

Apr 23, 2005
i have the coast high performance 347e stroker. in my car right now it has edelbrock performer heads trick flow upper and lower with spacer 75mm throttle body 24lb injectors msd coil 6al box and distributer 1.6 roller rockers my cam is from trickflow (Advertised Duration 286/ 294,Lift .542/ .563). im running a c4 with 4.10 gears. the only driving i do in it is to the track and back. what do you guys think would be best for timing fuel pressure and spark plugs? i know the plugs need a 3/4 shank i was just looking as to what type and heat range would be best from experiance. motor is staying n/a

• Sponsors (?)

well I am not sure exactly which spark plugs you need to get, but here is something from the instructions for your heads:

Spark Plugs: Use 14mm x 3/4" reach gasketed spark plugs. Heat range will vary by application from Champion RC9YC to Champion RC14YC.
The RC12YC is the plug used in the RPM applications (or equivalent). Use anti-seize on the plug threads to prevent galling in the cylinder
head, and torque to manufacturer's specification for aluminum heads.

Use that to start with. You might want to call edelbrock's tech line and give them your combo information and they might be able to recommend which plug in that range is best to use. Always go with the spark plugs intended or recommended for the heads.

Autolite 3924 will work as stated. Many gap them between .045 and .050."

I would gap them as far as you can without getting a miss.

Try base timing between 14-18 degrees.

Maybe advanced timing in the 34 degree range.