347w non roller combo. #s

86lxhatch

Nov 14, 2011
East Tennessee
I've about convinced myself to go with a 347 stroker kit from summit, but was wondering if anyone has run this setup on here, and what kind of power am I looking at?
Basically, I have a fresh 306 non roller block, and haven't bought anything yet. I want to eventually road race the car in SCCA, NASA events, but need help finding a non roller, N/A combination on a carb that will get me around 350-375 hp
If anyone has a setup like this, please let me know, as I want to go with what works, and NOT what I THINK will work...
I will be going with a 5 speed manual, so I'm not too concerned about streetability as this is not a daily driver..thanks

• Sponsors (?)

Are you absolutely stuck on flat tappet? Do yourself a favor and convert to roller, roller cams are superior in every single way. Roller cams require no break-in, you have better cam lobes available to you with roller, and roller cams will make more power with better drivability than flat tappet.

350-375 is very, very easy to do with a 347. There is a guy on this site with a 347 that makes 360-something to the tires with a carbed and ported iron head 347. Very simple, effective combo. 360 to the tire is somewhere around 400-415 to the crank.