3500 stick

Mafia Mustang

Sep 17, 2006
Arizona
:bang: Hey guys I got a modded 90 mustang. and My problem is. When the car is just sitting and I go to rev it up it sticks at 3500 and drops like there is a rev limiter on it. And if i try to Drive it it starts to go then it bucks once it get to that rpm. Im kinda confused on this cuz i though it might be Valve Float but I tourqed it to specs could it be bad vacuum?

• Sponsors (?)

What did you do before this happened? Did you rebuild the motor? I might suspect that you didn't hook up your nuetral safety and your car is hitting the "nuetral rev limit". I don't recall if the Mustang ECU's had that, but alot of cars do.

There is no neutral rev limiter in the mustang computers. This must be an ignition or fuel problem. My bet is something in the ignition....perhaps the TFI midule, PIP sensor???

I got a New X pipe on it so it not the cats but it has old 02 sensors on it. maybe thta could be suspect. I switched a couple PiP sensors out. Ya it is a new Engine Its been happing ever since I ve had the new engine in. This dont sound like Valve Float right?

Mine spurttering was at 4,500...come to find out it was just in need of a tune up. My plugs were worn to a gap of .070. I gapped them to .048....my car runs like a raped ape now. I mean, it's not fast cause it is stock, put it has 100% full potential.