350Z with a 5.6 Titan motor

• Sponsors (?)

I don't know... but it would be sweet...
04-VK56DE.jpg

maybe with a cowled hood

stillenhood.jpg

Check this quote talking about stability control systems from the above link:

"The current system is just too intrusive to my liking. yes u can switch it off. but I would like something in between so that I am not completely screwed when I am in trouble."

To me that reads that the dude can't drive and he wants the car's electronics to "save" him from crashing :rlaugh:

Actually they're no where near 800, most likely between 300 and 375 pound feet. It's not a race engine, yes it's meant to pull, but no gas engine makes 800 torque, not even at peak, that I know of. But I may have completly misread it. I dont really think that's what he could have meant, it makes no sense to me.

I remember back in the day someone telling me that a stock 5.0 (fox stang) had 101 hp at idle. I wonder if that's true, and if it is, it must really piss off any import kid heh.

I think he was joking around about the 800 ft. lb of tourqe thing, haha.

But those engines move the big 'ole Titans quite well, and they do have alot of tourqe.

It would be INSANE in a little 350Z.

QuickCapri83 said:
I remember back in the day someone telling me that a stock 5.0 (fox stang) had 101 hp at idle. I wonder if that's true, and if it is, it must really piss off any import kid heh.

LOL 101 HP at idle... think about that for a sec. what would happen in a auto car as soon as you let off the brake, hell the brakes might not be able to hold it back at all.

QuickCapri83 said:
Actually they're no where near 800, most likely between 300 and 375 pound feet. It's not a race engine, yes it's meant to pull, but no gas engine makes 800 torque, not even at peak, that I know of. But I may have completly misread it. I dont really think that's what he could have meant, it makes no sense to me.

i think the stock 5.0's were making in the neighborhood of 280ft/lbs. even if the car made peak torque at 1000rpm idle, that's only 53hp at the flywheel.

VPStang said:
type-R FTW!
If that was a factory option--i'd definitely get one as soon as i could afford it...hell I'd buy the 350z with a 6 if i got the chance...

yeah, that thing MUST haul some ballz... I try and buy American, so a Nissan is out for me... but I am still a 350Z fanboy.

350Z's are really nice cars. my sons friend has a purple one, its an Auto though. at his highschool drag races the 350 went a best of 13.8. i was surprised it got that with the auto.

i also dont know how it would fit though? the 6 thats in there takes up the whole thing me thinks.

hotmustang331 said:
HAHA that 4 cylinder talon would waxed that guy, shep is now trapping 179. Atleast they tried, but its funny they couldnt make the V8 beat him :rlaugh: .

haha not quite. shep is my idol, but the 350z was way ahead when it spun and almost took out shep.

sheps talon is a badass car, but its still not the best, and this is coming from a full blooded dsmer. besides, that 350z was in a different class at the time. now if it was brent rau vs that 350z, itd be more even of a race. then again, the cobalt is owning brent in pro outlaw, though when youre backed by the largest domestic automaker, youd better be the fastest thing next to a full on dragster.

did you see sheps new setup? 300shot of nitrous, running methanol, his intake temps are ice cold. still on stock crank and block(though its cemented).

thomas91169 said:
haha not quite. shep is my idol, but the 350z was way ahead when it spun and almost took out shep.

sheps talon is a badass car, but its still not the best, and this is coming from a full blooded dsmer. besides, that 350z was in a different class at the time. now if it was brent rau vs that 350z, itd be more even of a race. then again, the cobalt is owning brent in pro outlaw, though when youre backed by the largest domestic automaker, youd better be the fastest thing next to a full on dragster.

did you see sheps new setup? 300shot of nitrous, running methanol, his intake temps are ice cold. still on stock crank and block(though its cemented).

Dang!!!...what do you think its capable of? And what about the 350Z, that things seems like a full built race car...what can it do? And haha a wins a win +1 for shep!

my friends BIG into talons also, and hes destroyed me a few times...havent race since cams though. He has a 90 TSI AWD with like a T62 trim turbo. I think he has it @ 19 or 20 PSI right now on pump gas. Its fast haha....trapped 114 a long time ago on race gas and was blowing out the spark in 3rd/4th.