351 help and tips?

aleborjas

Sep 11, 2005
hello a friend has a 87' coupe it has a 351 overbored 0.40 flat tops regular pistons, victor JR heads and intake, 75mm TB, 42pound inyectors, XE294H comp cams(hidraulic flat tapet), C4 trans 4.10 gears, 1 3/4 LT hooker headders, 3'' pipes dynomax bullets and turn downs, the car wheigts 2970pounds with driver, granatelli's rear suspencion (all 4 control arms), racing spring with the little ballon in it in the rear right side, subframe conectors.
Any tips for the car or what its wrong in the setup something or small?

the engine has 11.1 CR, 38lbs fuel press, rc9 champions plugs gaped 55 (with msd), 13*base 36* total timing with 95octane pump gas.
any tuning recomendations if something is wrong plugs ok? change to autolite's? what number?gap? etc.
how many rwhp's it could have and what 1/4 mile time with M/T's 26x10x15?

P.S i think heads and intake are little big And TB, its like 6500, 6800 shift point!

help he needs to go on 10's

• Sponsors (?)

The heads are great. Intake is fine.What are the specs on that cam? If you have stock rods you need to keep your revs around 6000. Stock rods sometimes would rather be outside other than inside the block for some reason at that rpm. I'd say in the 11's just guessing.

the cam is #35-254-4 duration @.050 In.250 Ex.256 lift In.554 Ex.558 lobe sep.angle 110º RPM range 2800 - 7000....
the engine has the stock rods but ARP bolts.
any tips for the car?

Your base timing is alittle low,I would bump that up closer to 16* and also have it bring in full advance faster.

As long as thous plugs work you can use them,but if they dont try a NGK FR5 gapped to .45

What kind of converter do you have?

bluevenom867 said:
Your base timing is alittle low,I would bump that up closer to 16* and also have it bring in full advance faster.

As long as thous plugs work you can use them,but if they dont try a NGK FR5 gapped to .45

What kind of converter do you have?

How hard is the car launching, what stall do you have, I would use the NGK also, maybe bring the gap in a little.Is the engine tuned?? How does the car run down the track now? does it pull hard start to finish ??

FORCED2DV8 said:
How hard is the car launching, what stall do you have, I would use the NGK also, maybe bring the gap in a little.Is the engine tuned?? How does the car run down the track now? does it pull hard start to finish ??
this weekend whe are going to take the car to the track right now it has the stock converter wich one is good for the that cam? sometimes the car is used on street!