351 in '95GT Come in if you've done the swap or wanna learn

I'll be getting about 7 grand towards building up my current engine or putting a different one togeather. I was wondering if anyone here has done a 351-based engine swap onto their '94-'95. If so how much did it cost you and what did it take in terms of parts to put the engine it self in and get it running. As of now i can think of getting a tubular K member to make it easier, Headders, motor mounts,.... what else? I was told a 5.0 wiring harness will work with a fuel injected 351. My goal is to build a 400-500rwhp blown 393-408 stroked engine. 7k seems like a lot for building such an engine but for what I want i'll have to rely on scavenging for real cheap parts off of ebay or here. So as i asked before how much did it cost you for the engine/complete swap(not counting drivetrain) and what combination did you use and how much hp are you pushing. Thanks in advance

:flag:

• Sponsors (?)

With that many cubic inches you can get 400-500RWHP naturally aspirated very easily.
My 408 is supposed to be around 500-550RWHP. Thats what TEA told me who did my cam heads, and intake. Let the engine inhale and exhale, get a set of high flowing heads and a good intake and you wont need forced air induction to get the job done.

Building a motor for $7,000 can be done, but dont forget that a motor that pushes that much power needs a good fuel system, and thats when it starts to get expensive.

$7000 will do a nice job at getting started. Here's where my first $7k went:

block prep- $900
crank- $1400
rods - $600
pistons $500
heads - $4000
-------------->$7400
intake - $1300
oil pan/tray - $380
injectors - $275
fuel system - $1049
cam - $300
headers - $630
balancer - $349
SPEC clutch/flywheel - $620

I can list all the non-motor components also if you're interested. You can look at my sig for the details of parts.

400-500 RWHP is a large range. You can easily get 400+ out of a 347 N/A and still reuse many of your 5.0 parts. If you're limited to the $7k, I'd go for the 347. You start a 393/408 and that $7k will be gone sooner than you think. Don't forget to allow some $$ to upgrade the driveline to handle the extra power you'll be putting through it. I'm building to make 600+rwhp so I wasn't about to settle for any of the junk engine kits I found on eBay. Maybe they're selling better parts on there these days. However, I have purchased the majority of my non-engine parts from Stangnet, Corral & eBay. I actually only gave $2200 for those $4000 heads :nice: I was just giving you the price to get them new. :D It only cost a couple hundred extra to go 347 vs 306 OR 408 vs 351 as far as engine parts are concerned.

im in the process of doing this swap in my truck actually but its the same idea. you can reuse your accessories, wiring harness, motor mounts, clutch. You need a new flywheel. You wont need a new computer. Tranny will bolt right up. You do need the accessory brackets off the 351 though. Intakes are not usually interchangeable. Heads are. My advice would be to find a cheap parts truck with one in it and rip it out. I got mine with 40,000 on it for $500 for the whole truck and I still got a lot more goodies. I'd say definitely stoke it, put different cam, intake. Definitely get new heads without a doubt. I ported mine because im a poor little kid but you have 7k.