351 sn95 with shorty headers and cats? Suggestions?

WhiteCobra95

Mod Dude
May 2, 2006
I’m looking into building a new engine for my cobra, and the idea of swapping in a 351 looks really good. The problem is, I want to run shorty headers and keep my bbk cat-ed h-pipe. (I know long tubes are better, but I don’t want to deal with the hassle, and my wife won’t ride in the car without cats – she doesn't like the HC smell.) Does anyone out there make shorty headers for this kind of swap? Also, will the BBK h-pipe work or does that have to be 351 specific as well? (I don’t want to switch to an x pipe.)

I would also appreciate any links or articles you guys can suggest for 351/sn95 swaps.

Thanks,
Whitecobra95

• Sponsors (?)

I could be wrong here, but I think any 5.0 shorty headers should fit. I would avoid the equal-length headers tho. You'll probably need to modify your H-pipe to fit since the 351 is taller and wider.

That's what we did with my cousin's 4.6 to 5.4 swap. The problem is that the cats would hit the floor. He later installed an O/R x-pipe and it fit without modification. I have pics of the exhaust here, MustangAddiction.com