351 stroker guys

damn, i think i need to get a more agressive intake and cam .... :bang:

Blackvert,
Yeah if it was me I wouldn't run the intake in your pic. They are great intakes for 302's not so good for over 400 cubes.

The other thing I didn't mention in my first response that you brought up was the cam. People get cams that were made for 302's or 289's or 260's or 221's they all fit in a 351. So they think man I know a guy who has this cam and it was really radical, but it's not when you put in in a big cube motor. Were talking 33% bigger than a 302. If you have the heads that will flow for a big motor and put a small cam and intake made more for a street 302 you will give up 75-100hp on the top end. You will still have more bottom end than any 302 anyway!:D
Throw a supercharger on and it's insane to try to hook it up. But it is fun to light the tires up going down the freeway!!!:eek: :nice:

• Sponsors (?)

low5.0 your pics not loading for me :( but i will more then likely have a new tubular k my friend/mechaincic has a friend that makes them they are autually really nice i was surprised... i can get 351 blocks all day i need the kit whatever size i go with and heads....i love gradys intake and i think they make it for a 351....hows the height grady is it a lot taller then stock and any coments would that intake be a good one for bigger cubes....since i have the bottle i will more then likely keep the set up on the stroker too so i want a good stroker kit. whats a good kit for 352 based blocks?

That's strange, I can see the pics fine here. :shrug: I'll try attaching the pic to this post...

The Performer RPM would be the smallest intake I would go with on a stroked 351. The "larger" 302 intakes will feel right at home with 400+ cubes. It's not much of a video, but this will give you an idea how much torque these engines make.
http://www.mustangaddiction.com/movies/100_1423.MOV
Right click, save as.

That's my car, stock computer untuned, 2nd gear roll from 10-55ish with 3.73's. And yeah, it breaks loose right around 5200 :D

Attachments

• nmra06 025.jpg
    nmra06 025.jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 130
wow that motor gets up and moves..and the pic is now working...? im confused lol ....that intakes the victor right jusy like grady's i really like how small and out of the way it is to be ascessible to the motor!!! :D and i searched and they make it for a 351 block too!!!!!so that makes me happy its kinda pricey but i like the looks and its small size the only thing im concerend with is the 4000+ range it has listed for the intake:shrug:

EDIT: i forgot to mention i cant believe thats a untuned car!!!!!! thats crazy do you have any problems??????

I've got an SCT chip now so it runs great. It ran surprisingly good with the stock computer. I had some problems with it going lean up top, but I think that was from some bad O2 sensors.

The 4000+ range they list shouldn't scare you. I can tell it really picks up around 3500, but it has plenty of torque down low. At 2300rpm, Im making 350rwtq. It peaks at 4100-5000 with 463rwtq, and it pulls strong past 6000.

Edit, I'll go ahead and throw my dyno sheet up here. :)

dyno%20006.jpg

Attachments

• dyno%20006.jpg
    dyno%20006.jpg
    138 KB · Views: 121
Lets be very clear here about intakes ... Manifolds ;)

Edelbrock put out a line of intakes several years ago

Like the TFS line of intakes .............

Edel offered three upper choices

Longest runner choice .......... Performer
Mid runner length choice ........ RPM
Shortest runner choice ........... Victor

Mike is running the Victor

I'm running the RPM

These days the RPM has been replaced by the RPM II

You have seen an intake called the Typhoon
and
It is a copy of the original Edel RPM ... not the RPM II

Grady

I am not going too aggressive on the cam because I really don't want as much rock and roll. My 306 would "wag" the car's "tail" sitting at a stop light. It is cool sometimes but other times it felt like I was driving a car that wasn't running right. For a trade off of a couple HP I though I would go fairly smooth idle and I could always change it.

Also, I told Rick exactly what I wanted. He is the engine builder so I am leaving it to him.

BTW: ISn't the correct term at least 357, 377, 393, 408 stroker? Because a 351 is technically not a stroker.

well i was refering to 351 based block guys sorry......i think i will be going the victor route too next concern is with the elbow and tb...do you guys have issues with the oil fill tubes?? or does it clear it fine...i though i saw lows engine with the breather on the other side

I have two breathers on mine. The Victor is a "race only" piece so it doesn't have anywhere to put a PCV. Your best bet for a tb would be to switch to a fox-style. I don't know if an elbow adapter will work on this intake....Maybe with a big spacer on it. I had to use two EGR delete plates to get my fox tb to fit right.

Side note for Grady, last time I checked the RPM 2 was not available for the 351. Just an FYI. :)

Also, I don't think it's possible to fit the Victor under a stock hood. Dropping the engine and moving it back 1" will get you close, but I don't know if that would be enough.

100_0671.JPG

Attachments

• 100_0671.JPG
    100_0671.JPG
    448.6 KB · Views: 93
Hey Mike

Thank you Sir for the info about Windsor's and the RPM II :nice:

I was only trying to show two of the most popular after market
intake companies each made three basic runner length offerings
for three different applications.

For those who have valid info for Windsor intake application options ....
It certainly would be helpful now and for peeps later on if ....
They would would give a general run down of choices

Grady

I know what you were doing, just thought I would put up the RPM2 info since this thread is about the 351. :)

Let's see, I'll post up all the 351 intake options I can think of at the moment. You have the Performer/RPM and the Victor from Edelbrock. Trick flow has the box intake, plus they have a 351 lower that I think works with the Track Heat/Street Heat/R series. Ford Racing has a lower for the GT-40 and I think the Cobra intakes. You also have the Spyder intake from CHP. I don't know if there's a SystemMax intake for the 351 or not...I'm sure there's more options, but that's all I can think of.

One more bit of info I just remembered, you will need longer fuel lines running between the fuel rails. The Victor comes with these, but I can't say if other intakes do or not.

BTW: ISn't the correct term at least 357, 377, 393, 408 stroker? Because a 351 is technically not a stroker.[/QUOTE]

Just out of curiosity ... how do i get a 357 stroker? ... what size block etc.?? Sorry to kill the thread ... Thanks though ...

Sure, and BTW, I didnt mean to sound like a smart !@#. I was just thinking outloud, lol.

I have seen a 357 stroker (similar to a 306 stroker which is a 302 bored out to 306ci) ..well... from one vendor for $1000. It really did sound like a good deal to start out anyway..

It was here:

http://www.treperformance.com/Block/Ford357w.html

Ihope it is ok to post that inresponse to a question. I am not trying advertising them. This is essentially a 351 SB bored out just a bit..

Sup Low! Where can you get these fuel lines? How hard are they to install? Thx.

Auto Zone/Advance maybe? :shrug: Like I said, mine came with the intake. They're a moderate PITA to install since the line fits on so tight. Pliers and a vice are really helpfull.

BTW, 357/306 are technically not "strokers". They are just bored over like you said.

BTW: ISn't the correct term at least 357, 377, 393, 408 stroker? Because a 351 is technically not a stroker.

Just out of curiosity ... how do i get a 357 stroker? ... what size block etc.?? Sorry to kill the thread ... Thanks though ...[/QUOTE]

I guess its all about perspective :D
but
Generally Speaking

When you see peeps talk about a 306 or 357 ...............

They did that size bore for the reason of ........
The hole was out of round or damaged from wear

The hole was enlarged for a "Clean Up"
and
Not ... for the reason of ... Just making more power ;)

When you see peeps talk about a ...... "Stroker"
The focus in on the fact the throws of the crank have been increased
thus
The length or ... "Stroke" ... of the piston ............
NOW ... has more travel in the hole

That is ... "My Perspective" :rlaugh:

Grady