Fox 351 Swap Help

Dave34

Dec 8, 2014
i want to swap a 351 and im still debating on a 351c or 351w i found a few Cleveland motors from 350 to 500 around me but i heard there are fewer parts for them. its not my daily and im going to have all winter to build it. i want to put at least a cam and convert it to a roller, intake and i want it to be fuel injected and possibly heads but what would be the best motor for this build

• Sponsors (?)

You'll need to be quite a bit more descriptive with your goals, street cruiser, weekend warrior, race car? What type of budget are you working with and what type of platform you already have.

For me, Cleveland isn't even an option... 351W is absolutely the way to go, with the lack of details I can't say much more on the matter

i want to be able to drive it when i want but its not a daily i only want to put 2000 or 3000 into the motor not counting the headers and the motor mounts and ect for the swap

Then you would be much better off to go windsor. You can make big power with clevelands but for the most part parts are more expensive and harder to come by. Clevelands are also a little larger and accessory brackets will be harder to adapt . The Windsor is a much more straight forward swap and to me seems like the way to go in your case.

but do you think the more effort to fit and the more money it costs will be worth it im also thinking about a turbo a few years from not i heard some Cleveland were 11:1 obviously thats not good for a turbo but what about the windsor

Unless you intend to fix the oiling issues that the cleveland has and hunt and search for basterdized parts then simply steer clear. Sure it's different but it's not always good to be different :)
As stated, the windsor is a good direction to go. Understand that the intake, distributor, oil pan, headers will need to be 351w specific.
Personally I think that building something with solid parts from the get go is the way to do it. I think that working within your budget you can build a solid shortblock and wait for a good deal on cylinder heads to come along