351 swapped

Well after 5 months of building & waiting (and spending), I finally dropped in a 351w. The scaring thing is it started right up first time with no problems, not even a bolt went missing in 5 months in a cluttered garage. I feel blessed today. Anyways just wonderin if anybody who has done this swap, what hood clears? I'm just not sure if the Cobra RR hood will fit or not. I have a bout 3 1/4" of engine above the fender line.

• Sponsors (?)

my 418 with a Vic Jr Spyder sitting on an AJE K member and HPM extream duty solid mounts with spacers to raise the engine back up clears my 2.5" cobra R hood. But that's my set up and you didnt' mention what intake your using.

slow95gt said:
so is it alot faster, what all did you do?

Thanks josh

Doesnt have his parts listed but he must have got it out of a bronco. Which im pretty sure still had the e7 heads on it, so if its just a stock 351, it wont be much faster. Probably a little more "fun" down low due to the extra torque, but nothing earth shattering. Those big motors need the big parts to feed them the air they need to properly breathe.