351 W F4TE questions? Answers I cant find

I just picked up a 351w "F4TE" engine from a '94 truck with 80K on it. I am wanting to put it in my '88 mustang but cant seem to find the right information Im looking for. I have looked at several diffrent sites.

First, will the double sump 351 stock oil pan work? I keep reading about a new one is needed with a rear sump, but it all seems to pertain to older non-roller blocks that have front sump oil pans.

Second, do I still need to change the distributor gear? It is an EFI motor already so if I understood correctly, I dont need to.

Third, do I need the "351 swap" power steering bracket or was that just for earlier 351 motors (non-F4TE)?

For now, I plan to keep it a 351, but a year or so down the line, I will build a 408 stroker (the right way). I am also keeping it EFI and am swapping over all my 302 go fast parts, like trickflow heads, intake (i know I need a diffrent lower for 351), cam and so forth.

• Sponsors (?)

you will need the oilpan from a 1991 and eairler crownvic Police car. you can Identify the Windsors by the fact that they have Fords VVI carb, the 302's had either CFI or an HO style manifold.

As for the PS bracket, I am not sure, but I will say that you need to use it. since the deck height is taller on the 351, the heads sit farther up. so, yea... I bet the one from the truck will work will a little mod...

or go here and be done with the oil pan conversion Ford Racing M-6675-A58 - Ford Racing Engine Swap Oil Pan Kits - Overview - SummitRacing.com And since you did that buy this gasket instead! Ford Racing M-6710-A351 - Ford Racing Oil Pan Gaskets - Overview - SummitRacing.com You dont need to change the dizzy gear as long as it's a roller gear and the cam you use is a roller cam.The stock PS bracket should work fine as well, IF it's off the 351,if it's not off the 351 and off the 302 you will need to probably have to space it and rehang it a little diffrently. Dont F up and put to small of a cam out of the 302 in the 351 like i did tho. peace

john:p

351 conversion parts

First, will the double sump 351 stock oil pan work?
No, you need a 351 pan for a fox mustang. Like everyone says I believe the crown vic pan works, but I bought a canton 7qt for this swap for around 150 on ebay.

Second, do I still need to change the distributor gear?
No, if it's a hydrolic roller motor is got the right cam gear already.

Third, do I need the "351 swap" power steering bracket or was that just for earlier 351 motors (non-F4TE)?
Yes, buy it from ford or summit it’s about $35.00

For now, I plan to keep it a 351, but a year or so down the line, I will build a 408 stroker (the right way). I am also keeping it EFI and am swapping over all my 302 go fast parts, like trickflow heads, intake (i know I need a diffrent lower for 351), cam and so forth.

I did this same swap, the only special parts you need are the lower and the distributor.
The stock computer is smart enough to handle this change, though I would suggest stepping up to 24lb injectors and the appropriate MAF calibration.

do a search on here there are a lot of guys that have done the swaps that have documented them fairly well.