351 W help please!!!!

SMOKEDYA

Dirt-Old 20+Year Member
Jul 13, 2003
Tucson AZ
Ok well i looked for my previous post about my 351 build and couldnt find it. So the money is here so it's on! i seen a pair of AFR 205's or should i get 185's? I want about or more 500 H.P/TQ at the wheels N/A i'm thinking of a trick flow R intake or should i go with the track heat one? I havent picked out the cam yet i figured it would be better to get the heads and intake first? If anyone of you can throw a combo at me for a or as close to 500/500 at the wheels N/A for me that would be sweet!It is a 351W 40 over NON roller.Also with the head choice do i need to notch the pistons? peace

john:p

• Sponsors (?)

heres a pic of my pistons there dished right and are they releifed cut for valves? also was reading a bit more and was thinking the 185's might be better?

09150816271.jpg

500 rwhp is a tall order from a 351 w!!! you will have to have 12 to 1 compression ratio minimum, big solid roller and the 205 heads. Those pistons look stock is that pic @ tdc?? if it is you will definatly need to think about different pistons. that deck height looks pretty big. the size of your cam will determine if you need to get valve relif's fly cut into the pistons.

good luck

500 rwhp is a tall order from a 351 w!!! you will have to have 12 to 1 compression ratio minimum, big solid roller and the 205 heads. Those pistons look stock is that pic @ tdc?? if it is you will definatly need to think about different pistons. that deck height looks pretty big. the size of your cam will determine if you need to get valve relif's fly cut into the pistons.

good luck

not to sure if it's TDC or not,i just untaped it to see if they were flat,domed,or dished pistons. i'm not going with a huge monster cam something to match my combo good for good power! i want to be able to hear the came but nothing to radical! peace

john:p