351w crank size

• Sponsors (?)

The reason that i ask is because i bought a D&D 347 and have been having troubles with it.When i rec'd the crank i had have both the rod and main s turned to fit my block.I removed the motor from the car and started to tear it down and noticed the the firing order did not seem to match that of the 5.0.So now i'm questioning what crank that i got. The whole dealing with them was a nightmare and now i'm thinking it may be gettin worse.

Well what has been happening is the car doesn't seem to have enough power for the amount of mods that i have. When i talked withD&D i told them what my plans were wich was to supercharge a 347 with about 8-10 lbs of boost.I was clear that i wanted low comp. Well i ended up with about 10.4to1 and when trying to get the supercharger tuned correctly i ran into detonation just above 3000rpm.So i removed the supercharger and still was running into det. with base timming as low as 8btdc.So i have been pretty much babeing the car.On Sunday i had it out and the started to get a little noise that almost sounded like the fly wheel was coming loose( bad griding )the oil pressure never moved and temp stayed the same.The car felt to have same power.So i get home drop the oil and everything was clean.I pull the filter and it was bone dry.So i figured out with the motor.So as i was tearing down i got to the short block and can not find nothing that seeems to be wrong.As i was turning the motor by the dampner i noticed that the pistons did not seem to reach tdc as it should by the 5.0 firing order so that is what had me concerned.

You shouldn't have had to turn the crank to make it fit your block...

A 302 has a 2.25" main journal, the 351 is 3", rod journal will depending on the manufactor of the crank.

Firing Order is based on the cam...

Is it possible to have a 351w crank in my motor.I know that when i had it turned it wasn't as large is what you are saying the differnce would be.Is there a way that i could identify the cranks by some type of #. I'm just nervous about this because of the other problems that i had.

The crank that i was suppose to get was the forged 5140 steel.It was the comp hawk kit.If the crank is wrong then i want to get them involved because i spent a fair chunk of change with them. I just not sure if what i have is wrong or right.

HAWK = :puke:

It was probably out of spec so that is why it had to be turned, they do not have a good name and a lot of companies private label them as their own model.

I've never had to turn a SCAT or Eagle crank to make them fit, if I found one it would be sent back for a replacement.