351w exhaust? and slp questions

p.exeter_bleu

Founding Member
Jan 6, 2002
El Paso,TX
whats a good size exhaust for a 351w mild combo? its got aluminum heads and its .40 over according to the owner? also is the slp exhaust any good as far as performance? i have heard sound clips and i like what i've heard so far but i have to wonder if the non-chambered loudmouth exhaust has a negative or positive influence compared to the traditional chamber style mufflers. basically what makes more pwr/tq the resonators or regular high flow mufflers?

• Sponsors (?)

i run 1 5/8" BBK shorty headers, a 2.5" summit H pipe, and a flowmaster 2 chamber mufflers and catback all in 2.5", love the sound(sometimes not loud enough at cruise under 2K RPM) and has good tone, the 5.8's with some high compression make some sweet sounds screaming at 5,500

hey mustang 78, nice car. you are just a couple of months ahead of me when it comes to the mods. i was going to paint mine black as well, but a flat black epoxy based primer. you're in washington as well correct?

as for my exhaust.. i have BBK ceramic coated long tubes and an offroad bbk xpipe with the x stamped. thats it for now. with the carb and the 13lb flywheel, this thing screams stupid loud, and scares off most of the people who rev next to me. they bark and i roar. i actually have an appointment for a set of magnaflows from 2.5" back into 3" pipes on the back side of the axle.

The SLP's are just as good if not better than any other muffler out there. But if you don't want to spend the money get some dynomax bullet mufflers. They are just like the SLP LM2s. But only 40 dollars a piece. I would go with 2.5 inch pipe.