351w going in, need help on hood, mounts

T_5.0_N'works

Sep 30, 2003
Texas
I have a 351w going in. I'am using a 7quart Canton pan so that means I can't use drop mounts. I'am using a TFS track heat intake. I'am thinking of having it shaved down a bit to fit better. I'd like to get it under at the MOST 2 1/2 cowl hood.

Can I use ANY hood that has a 2.5'' cowl, like a Cobra R, Cobra, what ever? Can I shave the mounts a little bit, does solid mounts drop it a little? I'am using the stock K member and I'am not goign to change that.

Any opinions on this, please chime in! :nice:

Jonas

• Sponsors (?)

T_5.0_N'works said:
I don't know the configuration of the oil pan on the S351 but I see what you are saying. I hope solid/S351 mounts work with my 7 quart pan. :(

It will be very tight if it does indeed fit. Mine was very close with the 7qt pan and stock vert mounts. I dont have the car anymore, otherwise i would go and measure it for you.

As far as a hood goes.. I layed my old typhoon intake(302) ontop of my 418shortblock.. I tried closing the 98 cobra hood and it wasnt happining. I think you will need a hood that has the back of the cowl cut out. That seemed to be the part that was hitting the most.. Who knows if i "could" of made it work. It wouldnt have mattered since the intake i was actually using was a monster in height.